Hello From The Tater State...idaho!

Mydejavooo

Hello everyone!  Just wanted to drop in, say hello, and hopefully touch base with any fellow Idaho detectorists.  I'm 51, and have just gotten back into the hobby.  Started out doing it in 1998ish, and I've been a Whites detector guy from the hop.  Started out with a 6000 di Pro SL, and I actually regret selling that machine a number of years back.  Found a LOT of stuff with that machine, and when I dipped my toe back in about 10 years ago, I ended up with a Prizm 5G.  Just wasn't quite the same, and the situation at the time dictated that I sell that on to fight for my stepchildren in court against their biological father (long, long story).   Now fast forward to about a month ago, when I came across an ad for a Spectrum XLT e-series, in MINT condition.  Picked it up for $200, and it came with a Lesche digging tool, a cheapy pair of headphones, gold pans, and a Bounty Hunter pinpointer.  Man...that PP is no bueno.  Anyways, about a week ago I saw another ad for the older rainbow XLT model, and I went to pick that up in Boise.  He was asking $80, BUT, he said that if I could help him find a property marker with it, I could have the machine.  Needless to say, I drove home with ANOTHER XLT.  And now I have a Coinmaster Pro on the way for $40.  I seem to have a knack for finding good deals I guess.  

Sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to share.  I look forward to doing a little bit of detecting before the weather turns off TOO sour here in Idaho.  If anyone else is here in Idaho as well, Twin Falls area, I'd love to touch base and maybe get together for a dig.  

DeJa

• Like 1

Welcome from Blackfoot!

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas.   The XLT is still a very good all around machine if you take the time to learn it well.

Thank you all so very much! Do you all detect as "line wolves" so to speak, or do you go out with other guys to hunt a spot? Seems like my area has limited group to join in with. In fact....Haven't found one yet. I'm trying to decide how I should approach the hobby. My wife is disabled, and has no interest in the sport. My son has little to no interest in it (22 yrs old), and my daughter doesn't seem to either 21 yrs old).  My wife encourages me to go detect, but then I rarely see her. So it's a hobby that I see only doing by myself, which I guess is ok....I guess. Any thoughts? 

DeJa

No easy answer here.

I have seen non detecting wives on the beach doing all the other beach things they typically enjoy while hubby detects the sands and waters . . I'd guess their interest level may change dramatically when presented with some nice gold  (possibly including a diamond .🤩) At the very least it could change how they feel about you spending time away from the nest detecting 😏