How Would You Like To Run Into This Big Boy Out Detecting?

Ahh he's a cute little feller ain't he? I would invite him into the house for some flapjacks smothered with maple syrup!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

This Grizzly was photographed in Augusta, Montana this summer,about 40-50 miles from where I am working my claim. The bad thing is there are two very large boar grizzlies walking back and forth on top of the continental divide between my two claims. The pair of grizzlies are an old male reported to be over a Thousand pounds and the two year old boar is very large already. And I figured out what the log dropping noise is that I have been hearing on one of my claims is. I described the sound to one of the ranchers in the area  today and he said that is a grizzly raising up in the air and slamming both front paws into the ground. He said they do that to warn you to stay away. Now I know what this noise is I keep hearing at my claim . 

IMG_5138.jpg

He sorta looks kinda friendly, you can tell by the way he's waving at you when you took his photo, he probably just wants to drink a beer with you!! :2drink:   :shake2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boop his nose and all will be well!

• Haha 3

That is a large bear for sure, I think he needs 2 picnic baskets and a 12 pack of Coors. Just make sure that you Put a lot of tranquilizers in the pie for his desert.

Stay safe out there and make sure that you are a good shot for when the bear gets to close when you are mining.

Should the bear sneak up on you and your partner just shoot your partners foot and run like heck. Remember the slowest runner gets the bear first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I didn't take these photos the homeowner took them in Augusta. I haven't seen one bear this year so far. A friend and rancher here said the reason you aren't seeing the black bears is because the grizzlies here are killing them. He found two carcasses already this spring and summer. 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1