Back In The Field With The Deus2

palzynski

I went to one of my favorite sites 10 days ago . I have been there since 2002 or 2003 , and I have done dozens of outings here and I am quite surprised to still find targets in this field 20 years after ... The conditions are not ideal because the field is not yet plowed , and it was sometimes difficult to sweep the coil in the cut wheat . 

I was using my DeuS2 WS6 running in the "old" 0.71 version but honestly I dont really need to update as 0.71 works very well for me and as I dont need sophisticated settings  

I only found 1st WW trash during the first part of the outing . However as I was going to leave I heard a very clean medium signal which was a very nice medieval silver coin . Very nice find ... This is a feudal coin which is much more difficult to id than a royal type because there are so many existing types . It is dating from between 14 to 16th century I think .. May be a foreign coin 

Anyway happy with this very old coin coming back from the past ..  A few pics :

A stormy weather :

DSC03064.JPG

The medieval coin :

DSC03067.JPG

my trusty Deus2 WS6 :

DSC03068.JPG

A few better pics from the coin :

DSC03069.JPG

DSC03070.JPG

And the trash :

DSC03071.JPG

SECOND OUTING IN THE SAME FIELD :
-----------------------------------------

I went back to the same field a few days ago . The weather was much better and I could spend more time in the field . Found 7 coins , 4 worn medieval copper coins ( 15 or 16th century ) , 2 modern coins . And probably the most interesting find , a very small Roman coin ( called "minimi") located with the help of my Quest Xpointer .

This Roman coin is probably dating from around +400 , the coin size shows that the economical situation was very difficult at this time , probably because of the barbarian invasions coming from the East ( Germany and further .. ) . A little piece of history ...

For info my D2 settings : SENSITIVE , 5 tones , Square audio - ( version 0.71 )

DSC03072.JPG

A medieval buckle :

DSC03074.JPG

My pinpointer was a great help to find this tiny coin ... :

DSC03075.JPG

A minimi , the smallest Roman coin :

DSC03076.JPG

A total of 7 coins :

DSC03078.JPG

A medieval castle at the back :

DSC03079.JPG

Very nice. Beautiful countryside.

9 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Looks like you are having fun Palzynski. The trees along the edge of the field, are they trimmed like that or do they grow that way naturally?

thanks Lodge Scent ..

These trees are poplars , they have been planted may be 7 or 8 years ago . They grow quickly and they like humidity . It is an ideal location for them because there is a brook just behind them ...  

The brook explains the human presence too . Most of the antique sites are located near brooks or streams as water was of course very important for them ..

Some amazing finds,if you are finding Roman "minimi'' then your detector is setup about as good as it gets,as they are so so small....well done and a terrific location as well.

Incredible hunt, those are finds we in the USA could only dream of. I agree with RickUK that your detector is finely tuned. Are you using V1.1? What program are you using?

Much of your trash looks like musket balls and bullet shells, interesting in themselves. Hunting relics or war, or both?

Sorry to ask so many questions but this is the most fascinating post in quite a while. We don't get to see many finds from over there. 🤔Often for good reasons. 😀