Is This Jade

Your rock does not look like jade to me, that would be a huge chunk if it was jade, good luck and happy hunting 😁

Looks nothing like the Jade we find in New Zealand.

This is what it looks like in its natural form unpolished.

jade.thumb.jpg.1965848203e943085bcb682f3b73cc51.jpg

Not jade.

I own a few jade claims, here is some stuff from them so you have an idea what to look for if you are in the US. It's mostly black and dark green stuff here in Wyoming (and usually has a red/brown weathering rind on the outside), most people wouldn't recognize it. CA/WA jade might be different, Canadian jade is different too. But you get the general idea. 

Jet black nephrite from my claim, a chunk this size without fractures or flaws and zero inclusions is almost nonexistant these days, it may look unimpressive but in terms of scarcity it's probably my best material. This stuff is totally reddish brown on the outside, have to hit it with a sledge hammer to see black inside, which is the technique to prospect for it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f71153311f4bf07b7b876ecf8ebb7865.jpeg

Dark green nephrite with emerald colored nephrite inclusions from chromite, from another of my claims, something not really seen anywhere else here other than 1 other place, but you do see in Canadian nephrite.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c96d7def4a8904d0392f4c468cde6fa.jpeg

Larger medium to dark green stuff, has fractures but they are healed. This stuff also can be highly chatoyant (changes color/pattern as you move the stone in the light), but I can't really show it via a photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.048e944b8e455e5afdc03b103b8f130f.jpeg

An outcrop on one of my claims after prying stuff apart, dog checking it out. 

image.png.d8ffa99f6b4b0a758be57ae66800d446.png