Gold Seeker Adventures Biggest Nugget This Season

10 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Where was your Walco pick for digging that sucker out, & your nox 800 with 6" coil for pinpointing it?

D4G

It was a edge of your seat thing- one does not read the last chapter of a good book first nor should they fast forward to the end of good movie…. 😉

• Like 1

My walco pick was back at camp and the hole wasn't good to swing it in. Nox was back at camp too. Don't care much for the nox. 

Goldseeker

You would have been better off to let someone hold your feet and let you down head first because it just wasn’t much room like you said to dig.

Like I told Gerry when he was digging and it too was a nugget. Watching the video I wanted you to get out of my way because you wasn’t digging fast enough for me.

Here pot belly me couldn’t get in the hole to start with .

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GotAU? said:

It was a edge of your seat thing- one does not read the last chapter of a good book first nor should they fast forward to the end of good movie…. 😉

I know what you mean. I just saw in his list of gear used that he has a Walco Pick & a Nox 800. I wasn't sure about the 6" coil but that set up is ideal as a pinpointer in those exact scenarios. Personally I don't use a pinpointer but opt for either the Gold Monster or Nox with 6" coil. Reason being, very often there is other smaller gold present in a dig like that that both those vlf's would hit on that a pinpointer wouldn't.

I kind of thought that the elliptical mono with its sensitive nose would act as a reasonable pinpointer to get a better location of the target.

No disrespect but I gave up watching the vid after the geo hammer got stuck into the side wall. Which made me think he had dug down past the target. In my mind the geo hammer is not the right tool for that recovery as you cant scrape out any material with that so I could see it dragging on. I had better things to do than watching paint dry.

D4G  

My walco pick was back at camp and the hole wasn't good to swing it in. Nox was back at camp too. Don't care much for the nox. Oh and by the way the nugget weighed 3.14 grams. I totally forgot to put the weight of it up on the video. My bad! 

• Like 1

Good result 3+ grmmr.

I've had to digg "kidney shaped" swimming pool holes with a step incorporated into em to get down an keep swinging my big pic on many signal digs.

Lotta work but when there's Color at the end of the 🌈 instead of trash it's worth the effort 👍.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

My walco pick was back at camp and the hole wasn't good to swing it in. Nox was back at camp too. Don't care much for the nox. Oh and by the way the nugget weighed 3.14 grams. I totally forgot to put the weight of it up on the video. My bad! 

Thanks for telling the weight of the nugget. As I didn't watch the whole video I was unaware of the size. Seems I wouldn't have known, even if I watched to the end. LOL. Nice find.

All Detectors have their uses.... even the Nox 800. Might not be all the time for the detecting you do but it isn't too shabby a detector.

The Walco pick would have been good just for scraping & lifting the material to the surface, without having to swing it. I am sure it would have saved you a bit of time.

D4G

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Thanks for telling the weight of the nugget. As I didn't watch the whole video I was unaware of the size. Seems I wouldn't have known, even if I watched to the end. LOL. Nice find.

All Detectors have their uses.... even the Nox 800. Might not be all the time for the detecting you do but it isn't too shabby a detector.

The Walco pick would have been good just for scraping & lifting the material to the surface, without having to swing it. I am sure it would have saved you a bit of time.

D4G

No it wouldnt have.  It was too tight of quarters for anything other than he was using.  Its dig and detecting its not like surface hunting where the Walco works well. My go to in the holes this year was the Eastwing Geo Paleo. Reigns supreme over walco type picks in deep tight holes, and the massive rocks we deal with daily. Pulled several ounces with that pick. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2023 at 5:54 AM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Nice piece of gold Reese! But I really have to say, you are doing it all wrong! You are using the wrong pick, using the wrong pinpointer, and worse of all, no one is holding you upside down by the ankles so you can dangle off into the hole and get way in there and dig it out!

Reading the comments, I was reminding of what my Oklahoma born mother used to say when I was a kid and tried to tell her how to do something. She would give me a stern look and say, " Who's robbing this train? You or me?" 😊

• Like 1

It you are impatient to watch a nice nugget being dug out of the ground in a tough time consuming scenario then you are probably to impatient to actually dig a nice nugget out of the ground in a tough time consuming scenario. Let those of us who are patient know where you hunt for gold, if you hunt for gold and we will follow behind you when you get impatient. 😊. Being patient gets gold. Sorry Charlie! 🐟

• Like 3