Possible Update?

Luis

Part 2 is on the Minelab YouTube channel. I don't see where the assumptions of a possible pending update are coming from, unless somehow I missed something.

The Manticore launch was pretty decent I think. There were no real serious bugs since release. I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt there will be much more updating. I personally wish they had a full time team devoted to improving detector performance through software updates, but I seriously doubt they do.

20 hours ago, longbow62 said:

Part 2 is on the Minelab YouTube channel. I don't see where the assumptions of a possible pending update are coming from, unless somehow I missed something.

The Manticore launch was pretty decent I think. There were no real serious bugs since release. I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt there will be much more updating. I personally wish they had a full time team devoted to improving detector performance through software updates, but I seriously doubt they do.

Well, ML has already released one update since launch to address bugs (serious or not) and introduce new features, but that update appeared to have been a setback for some folks under certain detecting conditions, so some have reverted to the original firmware.  So a potential update may be addressing those issues introduced in the first update.  Also, it appears that ML is seeking FCC approval for a new wireless "WM-09" module to address limitations associated with the ML proprietary stock ML-85/ML-105 wireless phones which are the only ones compatible with Manticore/Equinox 700/900/X-Terra Pro detectors, so the update may be addressing compatibility with that new wireless module.  This new wireless module may be what is being referred to in the schlocky "Unleash the Beast" marketing slogan.SmartSelect_20231021_070618_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.a1ae88c865896ac232de32a5917c59fd.jpg