Wet Sand, Salt Beach Jewelry Hunting

Especially necklace, how do you hunt the elusive necklace, chain etc.. lets say if you found a pendant.. then what will you do... I have found few pendants (on different hunt) but no necklace .. so I figured maybe I do something wrong or not enough...

The way when I'm hunting for necklaces is I will spiral out (around 3ish meter radius) from the pendant I found and dig everything that has even a slightest bit of positive signal. 

The setting I used is Beach LC , Sensitivity dependent on soil mostly 23 to 27, Recovery 4, Ferrous Limit 6 - 2

neckless.thumb.jpg.18853bf66d2ebb65fb4992380da428f3.jpg

Each pendant found on different hunt  around 4 to 7 inches except for the necklace around 3 inches. Would love to know your methodology when hunting small chain, neckless etc.. Thank you in advance.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

I am assuming that each pendent is lost due to the chain breaking.     Note fine gold necklaces are made with a run of small loops that give a much less response than other bits of jewellery like pendants. Some people chasing chains use a high VLF signal to in prove their yield.

• Like 2

That collection of tiny links gives a rumble noise, like when you were sitting in the back of your families station wagon and driving over a wash board part of road.  Not the feeling,  just the sound... lols.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, TripleT said:

That collection of tiny links gives a rumble noise, like when you were sitting in the back of your families station wagon and driving over a wash board part of road.  Not the feeling,  just the sound... lols.

I think I heard it too but more iron rumbling noise... the necklace  I found that I decided to dig was because of the clasp (I think) giving repeatable low tones 1 to 3

• Like 3

Nice finds in any case and very good at the detecting part of the hunt.

Keep up the hard work and it looks like it is paying off for you.

• Like 2

Cant say that I remember finding the chain after finding the pendant but like you I have tried by circling and digging any thing that makes a peep. A lot of the gold chains I've tested with the Nox and M-Core they will only see the clasp when in park and beach modes...Gold modes will react with  the chains sometimes...Do you remember what those gold pendants numbers were on the M-Core? Nice work!

strick

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 5:19 PM, Valens Legacy said:

Keep up the hard work

yea man.. digging all those rusted copper/aluminum slaw like holy mother... but I'm getting better at choosing which sound/ shape that I will ignore to a certain degree..

On 10/16/2023 at 8:57 PM, strick said:

Do you remember what those gold pendants numbers were on the M-Core?

I didn't remember the numbers in the ground but its very low tones.. it sound cleaner and sharp even at depth.. 

pendants.thumb.jpg.b4588d20cbf3537bbceb9bcef2a024d4.jpg..

Air test ID from left 5, 9 and 12

to me manticore is more sensitive than the equinox.. I don't know if 'more sensitive' is the right word.. the equinox can  detect as same but the manticore will detect deeper especially on low conductor. My plan is to use the m8 coil on the beach also.. it should be better.. me think... now the only thing missing is the m8 😒 its almost a year already since I have the manticore ..

image.gif.d74aa6382a5d78259bd5093ff15a8ec8.gifI hope Manticore will 'see' more clasp with the m8

• Like 3

If the bail or loop on the pendant is still intact, you would think there is a chance the chain should be somewhere in the area. Sounds like your circle hunt area plan is the best option to me. Nice finds.

• Like 1

I think you are doing everything right to find the chain. I crank up sensitivity as best as I can and hunt very slow around the area the pendant was found. Those chains are elusive!! Good Luck!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:04 PM, fishersari said:

to me manticore is more sensitive than the equinox.. I don't know if 'more sensitive' is the right word.. the equinox can  detect as same but the manticore will detect deeper especially on low conductor.

The Equinox is a great machine when it comes to small gold and chains. Our testing of the Manticore did in fact show it beat the Equinox on every target we tested. In some cases, the detectable depth on chains was double.  The Manticore is a chain killer! 

• Like 2