333 = 8k Gold

7 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a nice gift from the surf gods!

Never found 8k, but I bought acid test kit for it several years ago off ebay. Came with 7/8/9k. I have found a couple oddball golds, 12k and 15k, the 12k was marked 500, than a few I hoped were gold ....testing with lower K acid kit but none made the cut..Only found 1 gold marked 9k that I can remember.

Thanks Joe.

I was wondering if you ever found a low karat. I have found only one 9k ring in all my years of doing this.

Congrats on the gold pendant, og, well done!

I've never found sharks teeth, but I found a fossilized horse tooth on the Florida coast once. 😎

1 hour ago, Jim in ma said:

I am glad to see someone else has found a 333 

I don't feel alone any more.

333.jpg

That's perfect! I hereby declare that we are now the founding fathers of the 333 Club. Any other members out there? LOL

Nice looking ring!

Funny that, I also found an 8ct gold ring last night. It's marked "333" and 2 letters that I can't yet read. It's a mens signet ring with a flat stone in the top. I'll put a thread up in the next week with a photo. 

On 11/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, TTT2866 said:

Funny that, I also found an 8ct gold ring last night. It's marked "333" and 2 letters that I can't yet read. It's a mens signet ring with a flat stone in the top. I'll put a thread up in the next week with a photo. 

IMG_9476.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpeg

11 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

IMG_9476.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpeg

That is a good looking ring! It has some nice company next to it too! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Being german, I've found quite some 8k gold, but luckily not as much as 14k or higher 😄
I just happened to find one last week. See one of my last Deus 2 posts.

8k can really look tarnished.. I once found a ring that looked so bad, I initially thought it's silver.
Turned out it was 333 - found it on 15.09 and it had written 15.09 in it (wedding band) - it wanted to be found!

IMG_3367.thumb.jpeg.9d085faca47607616e5b29b65f651539.jpeg

Looks like a great day !!