Small Coil?

H20waterhunter

14 minutes ago, H20waterhunter said:

Hi All, Has anyone heard if XP is going to come out with a small coil for the XP2? I use the 13x11 and I'd like to have a small one for the junky areas. Six inch or smaller.

We've all been clamoring for a 10x5" elliptical. I think a 6" round will be difficult due to constraints regarding internal electronics. Battery and wireless transmitter etc.

Heck if it's possible we'd take a wired version!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, H20waterhunter said:

Hi All, Has anyone heard if XP is going to come out with a small coil for the XP2? I use the 13x11 and I'd like to have a small one for the junky areas. Six inch or smaller.

Yes but not 6” or smaller. That’s all I’m going to say.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

Without a doubt, switching from a 13" to a 9" represents an improvement in maneuverability if you search the water.

And personally I really have no justification for a smaller diameter other than to get in between rocks without bumping.

Reducing further I think brings even less depth at that point.... Absolutely to be avoided at the beach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H20waterhunter said:

HMMM! Maybe I'm going to have to rethink this a little. I have a 9 inch coil that I haven't used. Think I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thanks guys. 

There are many of us who want a 10x5" or similar coil to hunt trashy and iron filled land sites. The 9" round is a great coil and surprisingly deep and I use it a lot, but I use the 9" for for sites with generally shallower targets (8" or shallower) that hide in and under the debris. It has great separation (as do all the XP coils) but an elliptical coil separates even better and can be used to get into rocks, shrubery, and tight spots that the 9" round cannot. It's a more surgical coil for us relic hunters and a perfect compliment for the 11x13" coil. If XP can make a FMF version of their original D1 9x5" coil, it would be perfect.

BTW, I had a 6", 10x5", 11", & 12x15" coil for my ML detector and used my 10x5" coil 99% of the time, so I sold the other coils.

• Like 4

With competition really hot on these high-end VLF's now more than ever coil selection can be the deciding factor which detector is right for the purchaser, XP have recently improved their small gold nugget capability of the Deus 2, now a coil to match would really top it off and open them up to another market they're largely missing at the moment with the Deus 2, the prospectors.   The Deus 1 9.5 HF coil for the Deus 2 would be very welcome, as would a smaller coil like a 6" or 5" round if it was even possible, even if wired and the battery in the lower shaft or something.

XP by design have limited the coil selection available and basically ruled out aftermarket manufacturers so it's up to them really to provide for the market's demands.

• Like 2