I Saw The 5000 Up Grade Test

Drellim

Saw this vid  they did not use the 7000 in normal just difficult  has any one modes the 5000 and seen this as a positive  and a way to go don’t want to ruffle the feathers so to say but when they did the7000 in Difficult   why not run the 500” the same  got a stink vide from not apples To apples  please be nice just hit me funny and I ain’t the sharpest bloke    I have a modded as 2200 and it has uncreated me in a lot of ways just don’t want to get all shinny on some BS  I see the 7000 is best but is it really  thanks  your humble  student  

You've not posted a link to the video you speak of.

• Like 1

Sorry about that it was a u tube with a modified 5000 a 6000 and 7000 I can’t post link it was interesting I think it was a woody post in Au    

• Like 1

Interesting. I was surprised at the response the 19" (dog) coil got on the 7000. Shame he didn't try the 14"DD on the 6000. I guess the 17" got nothing so I suppose the 14" DD wouldn't have got anything either, so no surprises the 11" or 12x7 NF didn't either. Might have been nice to try a standard 5000 to give a comparison to the modded one. Or even some X coils on the Zed & 5000.

I noticed too when he was ground balancing over some ground noise he did it over the top of where the noise was, but he never ground balanced over the top of the target response but always to the side of it. Why would that be, fare of balancing it out?

D4G

There are a few people I am acquainted with, or know from FB, that have sold their 7000's and bought cheap'ish 5000's and got them modded. It seems the current mods with the Very low frequency, plus the front end gain can beat the 7000 by a large margin on bigger, deeper gold when using 18" or larger coils. Sounds odd I know but numerous test patch trials over the past few years have convinced some serious operators to give up on the 7000. I am tossing up on whether to mod up an old SD2200 due to a new set of modifications incl a slow timing change, plus the frequency adjust and gain. The option of selecting Channel 1 ONLY is also baiting me. When all the serious operators are demanding depth and no manufacturer is supplying it (the GPZ was released 8 years ago!), then all options become worth a look. An interesting video of a test is here:

• Like 9

Thanks that’s the one I also have the modified SD2200   And it works great but o see this and think I need to mod my 5000   Better tools in the shed   So to say  

• Like 2