Capped Bust Dime

Lodge Scent

Fantastic coin congrats!

Wow that coin is in fabulous condition.  The detail is great.  What a cool find. It’s beautiful.  Now Imhave to go out and try the Bird Dog settings at a permission.  Congrats!

Excellent find LC, looks like Sensitive FT has its merit. 👍 Congratulations on a rare and incredible coin. 🙂

I hope @GB_Amateur will stop in on this one,  but I'll invoke his appearance. 😀 This coin has special attributes, and is fairly rare. 👍

• Like 1

Finding a nearly 200 year old USA coin in that condition..., extremely rare for that to happen!  Typically the environment (i.e. being in the ground) will have scratched, dinged, or discolored the coin (not to mention over-zealous post recovery cleaning...).

Yours appears to be the 'Small 10 C.' version.  (See the inset at right on the page I linked.)  This is the most common of the varieties for this date in high condition although only the 'Curl Base 2' is well set apart in value.  (If yours was that it would make headlines in Coin World and bring you in the range of six figures.  😀)

Colonel Dan has conservatively stated the condition.  I wouldn't go further than his since a true grading expert is needed to fine tune his conclusion.  However, something that is typically undervalued is the 'strike' -- how much fine detail resulted when the coin was minted.  For example, look at the stars on the obverse (side with the date).  Those are sharp indicating this was a strong strike, probably from early in the die's lifetime.

Ebay prices realized put this in the $200-$300 range if you were to sell it there.  My guess is you want to keep it for the good memories.

• Like 3

Holy cow, Lodge Scent, that's an incredible find and in immaculate condition! Congrats and extremely well done!

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

I actually have the Bird Dog loaded up and haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I definitely will on the next outing!

• Like 1