Just Joined

longcruise

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Worth every cent.......just remember a single high end golf club can cost the same as one metal detector.....and you need 14 golf clubs. The only exception is Simon (Phrunt).......with 14 detectors 🤫

I think Simon needs a few more don't we all LOL

3 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I think Simon needs a few more don't we all LOL

I'm actually down to just 4 detectors....my wife said that I can have "four detectors and one wife" or "five detectors and no wife"........when she reached for the heavy cast iron fry-pan, it was then that I realised the mistake that I had made 😬

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I'm actually down to just 4 detectors....my wife said that I can have "four detectors and one wife" or "five detectors and no wife"........when she reached for the heavy cast iron fry-pan, it was then that I realised the mistake that I had made 😬

Well I have 7, So i am still ok been eyeing a couple more, but most likely not going to purchase anymore, the next detector I purchase will have to tell me exactly what I have just swung the coil over, so I think I am safe from ever being tempted again to make any more purchases

Yeah , tell us where you want to detect and what you hope to find and you'll get all the guidance for free. 

that $90 package Digalicious found is about as cheap as it gets and it still goes beep when you get the coil over anything metal.  Including the yellow kind.

🥸 Not a very big risk there , and you might find Tony's 5th detector where his wife laid it to rest ! (hope it wasn't his newest one) 😵

The detector really is just another tool. Researching to find the best places to use it doesn't cost much if anything online or investigating local history down at the local diner.

You might already know somebody that will give you permission .  

There's plenty to read here already to get you started and if you're near a beach , you can still get out and dig if your ground is seasonably solid like mine .

Steve's Guides is a treasure trove of clues .👍

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steves-guides/

On 11/19/2023 at 8:37 AM, Digalicious said:

By joining a metal detecting forum, you've already started down the rabbit hole 😁

Ha, this is very true!

Welcome from Indiana.