XP Now Has A U. S. Ambassador

Bill (S. CA)

Christ on a crutch xp is that the best that you could come up with? A big step backwards in my in my opinion.

• Like 2

I think I get it. Merrill is an entertaining guy, and has driven up his YT followers to 42.5K subscribers. He also hasn't really put the time in to learn the Deus 2 properly, so it was a sly move to get him on the XP train, because now he has stopped using all other brand detectors and will only be using XP from now on. And I'm sure his coming "learn as he learns" videos could also help other folks new to XP with their growing pains as well, and maybe being a new XP ambassador, he will actually get some correct XP information at his disposal about the D2 and how to use it. So there's that. 😉

• Like 3

Hey, at least XP didn't pick a YouTuber from middle TN.

Merril has taken a ton of shots at Minelab so it does kind of make sense. It won't make me watch his channel however unless Gary B is featured on it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I watched his second video where he is still in France and bunking with Gary and doing the XP boot camp to learn all things XP. Man he really looks like a fish out of water, but I think "Buddy Videos" would be hilarious to watch, like watching seasoned vet with rookie cop movies. 😏

• Haha 2

SMH...

Sometimes I just don't get what these manufacturers are trying to accomplish with these youtube personality alliances as they are very polarizing.  But I guess they subscribe to the notion that any publicity is good publicity because the channel haters seem to tune in as much as the channel fans.

This guy is definitely not my cup of tea.  But frankly, I find most metal detecting you tube channels and videos to be extremely tedious and boring except for Gary's specifically and a few other folks I know personally. I'd rather be doing than watching.

• Like 7

On 11/25/2023 at 3:22 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Hey, at least XP didn't pick a YouTuber from middle TN.

Merril has taken a ton of shots at Minelab so it does kind of make sense. It won't make me watch his channel however unless Gary B is featured on it.

What happened from the guy from South Carolina, I though the was the main stain for XP.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

SMH...

Sometimes I just don't get what these manufacturers are trying to accomplish with these youtube personality alliances as they are very polarizing.  But I guess they subscribe to the notion that any publicity is good publicity because the channel haters seem to tune in as much as the channel fans.

This guy is definitely not my cup of tea.  But frankly, I find most metal detecting you tube channels and videos to be extremely tedious and boring except for Gary's specifically and a few other folks I know personally. I'd rather be doing than watching.

You sir are a gentleman, putting it mildly, "not my cup of tea". I flat out can't stomach the guy. With all his clickbait and shenanigans I would rather watch reruns of Oak Island before I would give him one more click/view. That crap he pulled with Minelab was not about the truth, just him and drumming up views. In a way, not a bad strategy, putting the village idiot out front, as they say publicity, good or bad is still publicity. Sorry for the rant but that guy strikes a nerve with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1