10k On The Tubing River

NCtoad

Nicotine is killer for aquatic life, a. Major poison that will wreack havoc

Disposable vapes should never have been a thing, when I vaped I had a mod I reused for 2 years till it broke, I never tossed disposable cartridges and such around

• Like 3

Way to go again, NCt, congrats on the gold ring and that titanium ring is a nice looker too, well done!

For rocky beaches and rivers, I found this scoop very useful:

https://a.co/d/4LSp3cF

6170zlDC7ZL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Here’s my scoop.  Plenty strong (and heavy), but even though it’s small compared to most beach scoops, it’s still way too big to get in crevices between rocks.  Needs a pointy end instead of rounded.  I wish someone with better design capabilities could come up with something just for rocky creeks like this.  

IMG_4254.jpeg

Same exact scoop as I have!

I agree it should have a point to it, almost a trenching shovel end with fairly open top to be good in gravel.

• Like 2

Super tough digging in the cobblestones in the bottom of a river. I have a heavy duty scoop that can pry all of the cobblestone and such, but most are much bigger than the mouth of the scoop.  Kinda the pry and scoot to the side method. Nice to have the scoop though once the stones are cleared for sorting targets from the sand and gravel. I take both my scoop and a shovel and use whichever for a particular area depending on water depth.  Deep waters makes it tough to hunt when the bottom is cobblestones.

Lighters, sunglasses and cell phones are very common as well as lead weights and fishing lures. Dig carefully if you use your hands. 🙂

• Like 2

2mm steel would be the minimum for stone digging, but expect to use up a scoop pretty fast regardless. 😀 Too bad pry bars are so darn heavy, you could use dynamite and that would get you some fish too! Might bring some unwanted attention however. 🤣

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 4:32 AM, NCtoad said:

Here’s my scoop.  Plenty strong (and heavy), but even though it’s small compared to most beach scoops, it’s still way too big to get in crevices between rocks.  Needs a pointy end instead of rounded.  I wish someone with better design capabilities could come up with something just for rocky creeks like this.  

IMG_4254.jpeg

Looks like a Borderline scoop. He can customize and make any type of scoop to your specifications. 

• Like 2

Nice score on the rings. I once tried a small suction dredge in a lake bottom that was covered with rocks to retrieve the target. I took the riffle section out and just had a floating screen on the end of the box. It worked perfectly for sucking up around the rocks.

• Like 2