I'd say that today met most of the criteria for a great hunt, and definitely a beautiful day! Congrats on a nice merc and large cent!! That piece looks like part of a utensil possibly? Need something for scale with it!!🎉🍀👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I'd say that today met most of the criteria for a great hunt, and definitely a beautiful day! Congrats on a nice merc and large cent!!🎉🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe,

The digging was insanely easy too, it rained yesterday but wind dried it up enough to not be muddy. 🥳 Perfect day.

• Like 1

Excellent 

• Thanks 1

Shiny!  Nice merc, but I think I would be more hyped with the large cent.

Is that just the standard 9 inch you have on?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

Shiny!  Nice merc, but I think I would be more hyped with the large cent.

Is that just the standard 9 inch you have on?

Thanks Ghound,

It's the 11". After dislocating my left shoulder a couple weeks ago, I wanted to get the most coverage with the least weight. I have all the coils, I kept the 13" in my backpack vest. The 9" might have helped me in some places tho 🤔 there was a fair amount of iron but no aluminum. I really like that place. It took us quite a while to find the hot spot, but find it we did. 

• Like 3

Hot spot or not. No aluminum would make my day. 

Nice 100 YO  Merc frosting on that 225 YO Largie. Yummmmmmmm !😎

8 miles 350 ? 😯 Skheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww .  I went out for a couple of hours and only made it about 60 yards from the rig.......massive rain last night into mid morning .  50 kt gusts dried it out pretty quick by noon . Targets were banging !  Easy digging here too. Clad and a 22 casing ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't give yourself enough credit, it's YOU scoring the finds, the Deus 2 helped, you're the one putting in the hard yards, covering the miles and doing the digging 🙂

Congratulations on the silver! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Once again another great hunt for you. Who cares about those cars when your digging those coins like that.

Keep up the good finds and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1