Squeaked One More Relic Hunt In Before Christmas

CPT_GhostLight

Fascinating hunt Cap! ๐Ÿ‘

Your "Miller" plate is this:il_794xN.3934328190_9tx9.jpg.1732523926a046bf601d4dc577a592f8.jpg

The array of overall buttons and tokens are incredible. ๐Ÿ™‚ Patented 4 hole? Wow.

The Sterling band, depending on it's size might be from a pipe stem, they often carry marks like that.

1756AAATOBACCONIST.jpg.01a9ca5ed9b207fab403eadcba34b945.jpg

Cool iron, and I hope the spherical object with grooves isn't alien bone... ๐Ÿค”ย ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow tons of stuff. Nice hunt. So did you like hunting by tones?

• Thanks 1

That is an interesting site. A very nice variety of finds. @F350Platinumย beat me to the pipe band.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good dig CPT! You have some very productive sites to hunt.You are the Token killer in my opinion, and I really like that lock plate with the elephant.Those pocket watch backs can occasionally come out of the ground completely saturated with gold gilt.I dug one last year that indeed was, just around that time of evening when it was getting to dark to dig without a light.When It came flying out of the hole I got fooled and went into panic mode for just a second, because it looked enough like a double eagle at first glance to make ones heart pound.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice hunt!

The sheer amount of interesting things you find per hunt always amazes me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:14 PM, ColonelDan said:

Very productive โ€œlast huntโ€ before Christmas!!

๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you, Colonel!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

On 12/14/2023 at 6:14 PM, F350Platinum said:

Fascinating hunt Cap! ๐Ÿ‘

Your "Miller" plate is this:il_794xN.3934328190_9tx9.jpg.1732523926a046bf601d4dc577a592f8.jpg

The array of overall buttons and tokens are incredible. ๐Ÿ™‚ Patented 4 hole? Wow.

The Sterling band, depending on it's size might be from a pipe stem, they often carry marks like that.

1756AAATOBACCONIST.jpg.01a9ca5ed9b207fab403eadcba34b945.jpg

Cool iron, and I hope the spherical object with grooves isn't alien bone... ๐Ÿค”ย ๐Ÿ‘ฝ

Thank you, F350, you nailed both of those!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

23 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice bunch digs CPT! Looks like F350 ID'd that sterling whatsit. Very curious about that grooved object. Do you think it's bone (terrestrial or otherwise) or wood or clay ???

Thanks, Lodge Scent! The grooved object is a little too heavy for bone. It was hand grooved, so I was thinking wood, but it seems a little too heavy for that too. A friend of mine thinks its older hard rubber, but it doesn't bounce or have any "give" to it when trying to dig a thumbnail into it. Maybe it was a ball of some kind made into a yo-yo or used for some type of machine. I don't know.ย ๐Ÿค”ย 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Wow tons of stuff. Nice hunt. So did you like hunting by tones?

Thank you, sohN! I do like hunting by tones (specially Full Tones) and have been doing that for about a year now. I prefer the remote mounted on the shaft for quick access but I try to not look at it unless the target is iffy. It has really helped me find some interesting stuff, although I'm sure alot of that is pure dumb luck.ย ๐Ÿ˜

13 hours ago, JCR said:

That is an interesting site. A very nice variety of finds. @F350Platinumย beat me to the pipe band.

Thank you, JCR! I thought the silver band may have been from a pipe, but all my father's pipes from the 20s-50's were round shafts so it never occured to me that a pipe could have a square shaft.ย ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

• Like 2