Hello From Tucson, Arizona

Todd H

I am a novice who wants to get better at detecting coins, relics and yes gold. Now that I have joined the elite retire status in life, I now have plenty of time to go out and explore the great outdoors. 
I started out detecting with a Bounty Hunter. Within a year I bought an AT Pro and I loved it. I was really good with coin detection and I kept hearing and reading about people finding gold so I did the unthinkable and sold my AT Pro. I now know that metal detectors are like guns - always add to the collection and never sell. My new purchase is the Equinox 800. What a learning curve from the Garrett.

So here I am looking for partners to dirt fish with and to learn from the experienced members.  

Missed it by that much Todd. 

I lived on 3rd a 1/2 block from Speedway in '82 ! 

Welcome aboard and the 800 is a fine step up.

You'll learn all you need about it right here.

There is an all equinox forum and don't miss Steve's Guides

For now , trust the factory presets the engineers picked out for you. Learn what one control does at a time . It's like eating elephants. 

Research is the key to good spots. 

9 hours ago, Todd H said:

I am a novice who wants to get better at detecting coins, relics and yes gold. Now that I have joined the elite retire status in life, I now have plenty of time to go out and explore the great outdoors. 
I started out detecting with a Bounty Hunter. Within a year I bought an AT Pro and I loved it. I was really good with coin detection and I kept hearing and reading about people finding gold so I did the unthinkable and sold my AT Pro. I now know that metal detectors are like guns - always add to the collection and never sell. My new purchase is the Equinox 800. What a learning curve from the Garrett.

So here I am looking for partners to dirt fish with and to learn from the experienced members.  

Welcome onboard Todd, Glad you took my advice LOL

Welcome aboard. The Nox 800 will serve you well, but don't over think it. Quite honestly, when coin hunting, if you only used the default settings, you will dig a lot of treasure. Once you get a feel for the various programs and options, then do any necessary tweaking. Great hobby for us retired guys. Fresh air, vididim D and the occasional nice surprise. HH jim tn

Welcome from East Texas.

On 12/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, Todd H said:

Welcome! I just joined this week.