Need Help Identifying Some Gold (added Content On 1/2/24)

Added content: Thanks to all who chimed in. However, the small (14K) gold watchcase still remains a bit of a mystery so I decided to do a little speculative reconstruction. (see added picture below) Maybe someday I'll find more parts and can update. 🙂

What a great "problem" to have eh? Yesterday I tried one last time to get a little more gold before the end of the year and was rewarded after 6 straight days of detecting.

I was pretty sure that the big surf/extreme tides in California were going to make for some good hunting but until yesterday the gold had been eluding me. Using the TDI BeachHunter in "ground balance" mode to differentiate between high and low conductors I was able to pick out a couple of pieces of yellow gold jewelry from the wet sand last night. 

The first piece is the medallion which I believe is Middle Eastern. It is on a fragment of 18k gold chain. The second item appears to be the case of a very small gold watch. There is a solder mark opposite the protruding piece on the other side of the "ring" so the item probably once had an identical protrusion making the item more symmetrical. The side of the case is notched where a watch would have a control knob.

Happy New Year everyone!

IMG_20231231_215545__01__01.jpg

IMG_20240101_060636__01.jpg

w3.jpg

3 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice last chance finds ! 

The chain looks awesome !   The medallion is hard to decipher but the color sure looks familiar !  

Thanks RVP, I just realized that I should have poked around that hole a bit looking for the rest of that chain - maybe I broke it while scooping it up? I should know better but I think I got caught up in the moment. 😮

Hey Compass,

Appears to be an Arabic passage:

The few days

And Rakhah Meh and Noum Amel the Forces and said the Earth Who and who intercedes for Joanna Arend Aslam Ra Channa Aid Hastam and no human being has betrayed him in knowledge except Ra Shad and Sunn Karma of his nation Al-Mishbat and Al-Ummi, and he is scholars, he is the world of knowledge

Not a very good translation 🤔 

Probably from the Quran

3 hours ago, Compass said:

It is on a fragment of 18k gold chain

That rope chain looks gorgeous 😍...I'm still looking for one since 2005🫢

34 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey Compass,

Appears to be an Arabic passage:

The few days

And Rakhah Meh and Noum Amel the Forces and said the Earth Who and who intercedes for Joanna Arend Aslam Ra Channa Aid Hastam and no human being has betrayed him in knowledge except Ra Shad and Sunn Karma of his nation Al-Mishbat and Al-Ummi, and he is scholars, he is the world of knowledge

Not a very good translation 🤔 

Probably from the Quran

Wow, this is very helpful F350 - thank you! The thought crossed my mind that it could be a passage from the Quran/Koran but I didn't know where to find that info. Awesome!

18 minutes ago, Skull diver said:

That rope chain looks gorgeous 😍...I'm still looking for one since 2005🫢

Thanks SD, Being a rope chain it was a bit stiff from the sand particles getting wedged in the links. That would have made it more susceptible to damage from my scoop but perhaps more likely it was broken in the powerful surf. How I would have loved to find the whole chain intact! The color is amazing - like the high karat gold that you find.

That sure is some nice looking gold! 18K is hard to beat and always a welcomed sight.  There have been a number of times I found a gold medallion of some sort that came off a chain and I keep forgetting to search hard around the area for the chain. Next time we won't forget. 

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Probably from the Quran

Yes it is and the translation is very close.

19 hours ago, Compass said:

The first piece is the medallion which I believe is Middle Eastern.

Looks more like something from India, but I could be wrong. They used colors like those instead of stones for gifts to family members.

17 hours ago, okara gold said:

That sure is some nice looking gold! 18K is hard to beat and always a welcomed sight.  There have been a number of times I found a gold medallion of some sort that came off a chain and I keep forgetting to search hard around the area for the chain. Next time we won't forget. 

Thanks OG, I'm not losing any sleep over it but I am kicking myself a bit. The small piece of chain and thin medallion are 5.3 grams of 18K. I may have left 20 grams or more of the remaining chain in the hole. Oh well, pretty good chance it is still around there somewhere and I may still find it someday. 

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Yes it is and the translation is very close.

Looks more like something from India, but I could be wrong. They used colors like those instead of stones for gifts to family members.

Thanks VL, The collective knowledge of members on this forum is amazing. Seems like someone always has an answer for any question. 👍

• The title was changed to Need Help Identifying Some Gold (added Content On 1/2/24)