Late To The V2.0 Party…..

13 hours ago, midalake said:

Especially black sand? 

With really low discrimination at 5.9 I happened to hear iron tone but no ID.

It was a big submerged spot and if I consider 40kHz/92+ sens/b.s. accept and auto G.b. it is more than acceptable.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:46 AM, F350Platinum said:

Now I'm thinking of rolling back one of the RCs to V0.71, creating identical programs on both - this may be of interest as well if some parameters are not the same - and trying both in the same live conditions. Would anyone interested in that? I have never used any of the Gold programs, for the most part it has been Beach Sensitive, Relic, and General.

I want to help anyone who might be reluctant to update to V2. I was not reluctant and am pleased with the final outcome, but it took some effort to reach that outcome. 🙂 There are still some things that bother me, and I want to see if they were there all along.

I'd be interested in seeing that comparison as well. When 1.0 came out, I updated, tried it a few times, got frustrated and went back to what I'm familiar with in .71. I may give 2.0 a shot, since .71 will may become unavailable in the near future.

47 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

I'd be interested in seeing that comparison as well. When 1.0 came out, I updated, tried it a few times, got frustrated and went back to what I'm familiar with in .71. I may give 2.0 a shot, since .71 will may become unavailable in the near future.

I think you will be very happy with V2. I'll try to get this test done very soon, doing Christmas cleanup right now 😅

Not going to hide the opinion that some programs might require a little re-tweaking, but over time I've got a program for General that I'm very satisfied with now, and also a reliable beach program.

As the good Colonel wrote you will also find a lot more small stuff. 🙂 Really small stuff.

53 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

There are several important changes from v0.71 to v1.0 and then some "fixes" to v1.0 that were done with v1.1. V2.0s change sheet for the RC update is very short. The change sheet for WS6 as master is longer. Before you make the switch to v2.0, you might want to review all of those change sheets on XPs website.

11 hours ago, Skull diver said:

It was a big submerged spot and if I consider 40kHz/92+ sens/b.s. accept and auto G.b. it is more than acceptable.

That would be VERY acceptable. But I find it difficult to run with a sensitivity of 86. Lots of ear fatigue even at that level. 

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

I will have 2.0 out today and will compare to .71. I have been running .71 for a week straight, so am up to speed. Going to set identical programs I was running in .71.  

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

There are several important changes from v0.71 to v1.0 and then some "fixes" to v1.0 that were done with v1.1. V2.0s change sheet for the RC update is very short. The change sheet for WS6 as master is longer. Before you make the switch to v2.0, you might want to review all of those change sheets on XPs website.

Thanks Jeff. I won't be upgrading anytime soon, but will definitely look over the change sheets before I do. 

3 hours ago, midalake said:

I will have 2.0 out today and will compare to .71. I have been running .71 for a week straight, so am up to speed. Going to set identical programs I was running in .71.  

Looking forward to reading your findings, midalake.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:46 AM, F350Platinum said:

Now I'm thinking of rolling back one of the RCs to V0.71, creating identical programs on both - this may be of interest as well if some parameters are not the same - and trying both in the same live conditions. Would anyone interested in that?

That would be of interest to me as well F350.  I just recently got a second complete D2 unit at a very good price and have the remote and WS6 on V.71.  My original D2 unit is currently on V1.1 and intended to do a side by side comparison but it got cold here in Ohio and haven’t had the chance to do so.

I went from 1.1 to V2.0 last time out. I pulled a Large Cent from an EXTREMELY worn out site. I am not saying it was the V2.0 , because there were a couple of other variables at play. Even though I really can't say for sure V2.0 was the difference, I got the feeling that V2.0 was a bit more sensitive and a bit more reliable in tone and in visual ID. Time will tell.

19 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

I got the feeling that V2.0 was a bit more sensitive and a bit more reliable in tone and in visual ID. Time will tell.

Yes. On a salt beach it is.