Waterproof Cover For Whites TDI SL

I have bought a cover for my Whites TDI SL and described thus:
"Whites TDI SL control box cover
PLEASE STATE PREFERRED COLOUR/FABRIC CHOICE WHEN ORDERING
Helps protect your detector from damage/rain/mud etc
Available in
Black Neoprene
Camo Neoprene"
If I had looked at the pictures (I think there are about 11) more carefully, I would not have wasted my money. The cover is as in pictures, but is certainly not dust proof or waterproof with all the gaps.
Oh well, it wasn't a lot of money. I did write to the seller saying the item had failings and suggested improvements, but no response.
Anyway, I saw another cover somewhere last night online and saved the images.
Am I allowed to post the images here to ask two questions: 1. Do you think it will do the job of waterproofness? 2. If it is good, where can I buy it?
Or is there another available or plans available from which to make one?
Regards,
Rog

• Like 1

Roger,

I have the camo one, most likely from the same company! It works fine for what it is; more of a scratch and dent cover than anything!  Closest thing you are gonna find is either the waterproof version of the detector in the clear plastic case (Tdi Bh), which I believe is good to 100ft! Or a good old large freezer ziplock! Also a plastic grocery bag works fairly well, for rain and dust etc. And adjusting the knobs! It ain't pretty, but does the job, and is cheap protection!🍀👍👍

I have the one made in the UK which comes in black and camo.

I think the other one is made in the USA.

I wont try to post images of that one in case it is not allowed as I'm new here or it's just not allowed?  I am looking for the childs pushchair clear rain cover I have stored somewhere and a part of it has been utelised in other custom waterproof covers (not made by me as so inept at that type of thing).

I have a BeachHunter, which is also being modified at the moment.

With the huge difficulty in housing the SL into a waterproof box with waterproof pots and switch, plus mounting it, also waterproof conectors for headphones and coil cable, a big plastic bag will be the only option perhaps along with a good weather app on the phone (in Wales-UK:it rains a lot here).

Regards,

Rog

• Like 1