The Storm Detector Bag

Just got a email from Garrett they got this new detector bag they running a ad on and it’s camo .

Chuck 

4F21C543-96B5-4FAA-8D5B-7621A16DA489.jpeg

• Like 1

The Camo is that good i cannot see anything 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Rick

Don’t put it down you’ll never find it.

Chuck 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Rick

Don’t put it down you’ll never find it.

Chuck 

Reminds me of a time in my youth (way before handheld GPS) when I did some solo backpacking way off trail. I set up my camp (I had a small camo patterned tent), and decided to explore the area a bit. On the way back it took me 2 hours to find my camp site. I had actually walked within 10 feet of the camo tent twice when trying to find it. Good thing it was late June and it was light until almost 10:00 PM. Needless to say my next tent was blaze orange.😁

• Haha 5

Lodge Scent

Anytime someone says that wouldn’t happen to me is full of bologna. 
 I posted a while back about hunters laying their rifle against a tree and walking away never to see it again.

It takes a man to post some of the dumb things us guys really wouldn’t want to admit we’ve done over the years.

Chuck 

• Like 3

That's a good padded bag, bought one 3 years ago and use it to carry my detector(s) when traveling. Great price, about 50% off. It will fit 2.

Gotta say that it might make some people nervous in some places, it looks like a rifle bag. 😎

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

I get the point of this as a travel bag, but who strolls to a site like their walking into an office with a briefcase.  While the AT series is waterproof, the Axiom and many other expensive detectors are not. Hunting nuggets, many times we hike in and out of canyons and have to ford streams.

What I'd like to see is a waterproof backpack design where I don't have to panic if I fall in a stream carrying an expensive detector.

• Like 3

timbus59

Some of the best waterproof bags you can get comes free when you buy just about everything now. The supply is unlimited and when it stops raining you can stick them in your back pocket never knowing they there. That waterproof backpack 🎒 becomes a pain in the backside over time in a day in the field.

Only a few detectors collapse down that maybe fit in a backpack waterproof are not. I surely don’t want to have it to put it together every time the rain stops or take it down every time it starts.

Chuck 

• Like 1