D2 Headphones..... Which One Should I Get?

I'll be buying a D2 soon, and I'm trying to decide on either the full ear covering set, or the Little ear pad style.  I'm wondering if the small earpad unit blocks out enough noise? Though they look to be cooler in summer.  Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks!. 

I really like the versatility of the small ear pad with puck setup.

The puck itself is capable of being used many ways when it isn't attached to those $12 back of the neck ear phones. No, ambient noise reduction is not good.

Those ear phones are fantastic in summer if your head likes them. My head is huge so I have to bend them to fit me and I glue a thin felt layer on the part of them that touches my head just above my ears so they won't create blisters.

I mount the puck on Quest aftermarket over the ear headphones when its colder, I sometimes stem mount it on the shaft system, I have worn it in the watchband configuration and often just put it in my pocket with the horseshoe audio adapter and use the wired earbuds or over the ear headphones of my choice.  

So the WS6 puck is actually a standalone mini remote that doesn't need the big remote to fully operate Deus 2. The Quest headphones that have a receiver for the WS6 puck are priced very reasonably and are well worth it.

I have used the XP WSA XL over the ear headphones. They are nice. They are just an audio controller and cannot control any other Deus 2 functions.

I used the puck before the XL II became available.  As soon as the XL II hit the market I bought  2 sets(one for each of my Deus IIs)  and never looked back.  Now keep in mind 99% of my hunting is on a noisy beach....wind, surf, people etc.  The full cover of the ears is a very functional and comfortable set of headphones.  They turn on an off with the remote and the tone quality is really excellent.  I've used nothing else since I bought these.

Just the view from my foxhole....

I would go for the XL phones. I only have my Deus2 for a few weeks now but those headphones are fantastic.

Like Jeff, I have the puck mounted in Quest over the ear headphones. My detecting buddy has both and says the audio quality is noticeably better with the WSA XL.  I've never used the XLs so I can't confirm.

My original purchase was with the WS6 Master mounted on the sports-like over-the-ear mount. I very soon thereafter opted to purchase the XL headphones.

My detecting has mostly been on the beach where I find myself almost always using the XL headphones because of the noise reduction (wind, waves, people) resulting in much better audio.

I find them very comfortable for at least a couple of hours at a time. Yes they do get sweaty on the hot sunny days but any full-cup headphone will. So I see it as a miner tradeoff (IMO) for the much better audio performance. They are also perfectly integrated with the remotes, turning on and off with the controller. I really find them perfectly suited to my detecting style.

Really depends how and where you're hunting.

I use the WSAII as a receiver with Audio adapter and cabled sports headphones. I am used to those heaphones for years - for me the perfect balance between noise reduction and still being able to hear what's going on around me. I hunt throughout the winter - all the other headphones are no option for me, because they're not comfortable together with a hat and headlamp.

Sadly they don't get produced anymore and I didn't find any substitution.. so I bought 3 pairs from all over the world for bad times .. 😄