Double Score

Thinking on adding this detector.   I have the legend and equinox 800.  I have seen videos of the double score being equally as good.   Is that what you guys are seeing or should I just save the $?

Double Score is looking good.

• 2 months later...

I have been test driving the Double Score and have uploaded 2 vids on my findings.  My youtube channel is mowerdog.

I don't own a Legend but have been around one.  I have owned an 800 though.  I would place the Double Score just under the 600.  I can tell you this so far.  It's a super performer and deep with accurate TID.  Watch my vids because there are some issues.  But for $400 a person can make it work just fine.  I've just ordered a SC24 coil.  I think this combo will ge great.  The stock 12 inch coil is too big for general hunting.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 4:03 AM, khouse said:

.... The stock 12 inch coil is too big for general hunting.  

I entirely agree the Score stock coil is too big for general hunting .  For me a round 9 inch coil ( or elliptical equivalent )  is the ideal compromise for inland coin/relic hunting , still compact size and very good depth .  

Unfortunately no 9" or equivalent elliptical ( 10X7 ) coil is available for the NM Score. And the SC24 ( 25 X 14cm )  is too small for me .

I would be interested by a DScore if it had a 9"coil  . ML did the same error with the Equinox a few years ago btw ,  hopefully Coiltek released a 9" coil for the Equinox later. 

Fortunately ML released the Vanquish 340 and 440 with the excellent 10X7 coil . As far as I know the Vanquish 340 is a best seller 

May be we will have to wait 2 or 3 years before Coiltek release a 9" coil for the Scores ?  ...  🤐

Sometimes I wonder if the MD's companies managers and marketing people go in the field to test or simply try their detectors  ... 

It is strange now, that most coils are 11" round and rest elliptical. An 8" round coil used be a standard size with a bigger coil being a 10" round.

I also would like to see detectors having round coils from 8" to 10". 

I have never liked the 11" round coils that seems to be the standard now. I don't understand why that is. 8" or 9" round should be the standard.

19 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

It is strange now, that most coils are 11" round and rest elliptical.

The Vanquish coil set has 3 elliptical coils ( no round coil ) :

- V8 = 8X6      ( round 7 equivalent )
- V10 = 10X8   ( round 9 equivalent )  
- V12 = 12X10 ( round 11 equivalent )

They all work very well , especially the V10 ( very light with depth perfos identical to a 9 round from my measurements )  , it is the Vanquish V340 and V440 stock coil .

I like elliptical coils because they are more compact than a round coil . For example they are easier to put in a rucksack. Elliptical coils have a good iron separation because of their reduced width , and a very good ground coverage because they are longer than circular coils 

vanquishcoils.png