ID Ferrous

Thanks Hardpack,

An excellent tutorial on recognizing ferrous, I've experimented with Bottle Caps and Silencer in the field and find them useful. None of the places I hunt are mineralized, so I have the luxury of using them even to extremes. IAR is very helpful in Relic. 👍

Good video.  Very thorough - premptively answers a lot of repeatedly asked questions I see and respond to here on the forum.  I'm going to point folks to it next time questions come up regarding iron. Can't disagree with anything covered in that video.  I love Gary, but am glad XP is also using other folks to provide D2 tutorial information as well.  

I think a good addendum to this video would be techniques to handle thick iron patches.

Lowering sensitivity, increasing reactivity, and potentially making extreme adjustments to silencer and b-caps are all adjustments that can help in that situation.  Lowering sensitivity to decrease iron overload and increasing reactivity are straight forward methods to increase detection of shallow non-ferrous hiding between the ferrous targets (yes, you are trading off depth for detectability/separation in this situation - adjust your expectations for the reality that there are no free lunches).  Applying Silencer and B caps filters are less intuitive and straightforward and require some trial and error experimentation.

Another excellent video. I believe that the presenter is an XP engineer. It's been available in French for a while, but it's nice to have an English version, just to make sure what's actually being said!! 🤔😁

I see that Gary's videos are sometimes translated into French...

1 hour ago, UKD2User said:

Another excellent video. I believe that the presenter is an XP engineer. It's been available in French for a while, but it's nice to have an English version, just to make sure what's actually being said!! 🤔😁

Wow, imagine having that job, detecting the hills of France as an engineer!

Stuff like this makes me wonder why I aspired to the Pinnacle of Underachievement... 🤔 Nah. But it's better than sitting in a cubicle all day  😁