Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

AlgoForce E1500

Detech 6" and the Detech 10x6 might be alternatives for the 8x6 NF on the E1500. I believe they are waterproof too while the Sadie is not. I use the Sadie on my 5000 and like it very much. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

An interesting problem develops that as PI gets close to VLF sensitivity to small targets, it also lights up hot rocks a PI user never knew existed before. There is a balance there and it is extremely site dependent, not a this or that thing. I almost feel like getting the Sadie was a mistake but then again I won't know until I use it. My gut feeling is I will be using it in my worst or the worst areas, where the spial wound advantage may actually be a disadvantage. Probably have to get both eventually but that can wait until I have an E1500 and actually use it enough with the Sadie to get a feel for it. I'll know pretty quick if the ground is challenging the Sadie that going to a spiral would not help... but then I wonder if how a spiral in Fine does versus the Sadie in Ultra Fine? Good news about a 6x10 as that gives me reason to wait anyway. :smile:

Yes I agree Steve, the Sadie and ultra fine is picking up hot rocks I never knew existed in some areas. Mainly larger close to the surface rocks.   Small spiral coils and fine seems to handle them better. Early days though. 

• Like 6

I think your right simon,  that 10" x-coil spiral should be deadly on the E15000.    

Currently my favourite is the "9 round coiltek elite. When I get the new shaft I'll be trying larger coils like the 15" evo and some 18" coils.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I bet a lot of people are annoyed they sold off all their GPX coils for cheap prices when they moved onto other detectors.  Did you keep yours @Aureous, I'm even annoyed I got rid of a few of mine, I gave them away too.  Legacy GPX coils are going to be in big demand, especially the popular ones.

Sadly, I off-loaded most of my legacy GPX coils....I got a few that I gave to my Brother that I could get back though. Am thinking if I get an E1500, I'll do some testing with friends coils and see what works best for my needs and then build a couple with identical specs. I really like this shell (pic) plus I still got a few old Bill Hayes shells in small sizes to experiment with. 

12x7 mono.JPG

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Sorry you got rid of your coils, I bet they cost more to get back than you benefitted from getting rid of them, a common thing we will all face in the near future.  I made a few mistakes there myself.

That coil you've shown there is my worst nightmare!! open design, gets stuck on everything, and square nose to limit all tiny target sensitivity and ability to poke and prod into small spaces at the tip and tail and it's obviously a bundle wound with its thin frame, this is what you want for a coil in that size, this is the 6000 version of the 12x6"as I can't find a photo right now of the Legacy GPX version, this was a 12x6" semi spiral (windings later used on stock 6000 coils) on the legacy GPX, a coil I think will do very well on the Algoforce. 

12x6inchX-coilGPX.thumb.jpg.b9508128954d73794ae7f04c03d40913.jpg

Open designs on small coils are crazy, it's not like they're heavy, they're more of a problem than a benefit, never understood open design small coils like the 6" Nox coils, crazy. What's a few millimetres of plastic weigh to cover the gaps.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sorry you got rid of your coils, I bet they cost more to get back than you benefitted from getting rid of them, a common thing we will all face in the near future.  I made a few mistakes there myself.

That coil you've shown there is my worst nightmare!! open design, gets stuck on everything, and square nose to limit all tiny target sensitivity and ability to poke and prod into small spaces at the tip and tail and it's obviously a bundle wound with its thin frame, this is what you want for a coil in that size, this is the 6000 version of the 12x6"as I can't find a photo right now of the Legacy GPX version, this was a 12x6" semi spiral (windings later used on stock 6000 coils) on the legacy GPX, a coil I think will do very well on the Algoforce. 

12x6inchX-coilGPX.thumb.jpg.b9508128954d73794ae7f04c03d40913.jpg

Open designs on small coils are crazy, it's not like they're heavy, they're more of a problem than a benefit, never understood open design small coils like the 6" Nox coils, crazy. What's a few millimetres of plastic weigh to cover the gaps.

Yeah the 'problems' with open center coils are well known but really, its just a personal preference issue. I don't care much about sticks etc, a fraction of a second and Ive shaken them loose & continue. I used Coiltek Platypus and UFO coils a lot , plus the NF Superlight coils. Not an issue for me. In my potential build, If I use epoxy with micro-spheres, the weight will be minimal and no need for a coil cover. I just like the 12x7 size and this one is the only shell commercially available. Ive made a few rectangle  ones in the past and I'll give them a trial as well.

• Like 2

This is why I don't like them, and this is forgiving ground, it gets a whole lot worse.

thyme.thumb.jpg.065cf572a6dddf509c875b99754ad311.jpg

That disturbed ground was a * "flake" ?

* - Flake - Reg Wilson Trademark- R.thumb.gif.fc3834905bc89945cdba98a02a6b73b7.gif

• Haha 7

Yeah thick grass and brush can be a huge pain....open coils can certainly slow you down there. Not much of that here thankfully.

My gold-size terminology is: Over a gram = 'Nugget'. Under a gram = 'Bit'. Under .1 gram = 'Speck'. Probably unapproved by Reg, but hey....works for me ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

Could always make up & fit a skid plate. Personally I have never had or noticed any issues with using the 6" or coiltek 10x5 open web design. The 11" a little bit but it never did my head in.