The New Guy!

JackMan

Hello everyone, my name is Jack,

Long time recreational prospector, detector noob. Trying to decide which detector to purchase for nugget shooting, but would like to use it for coins and relics at times. Steves reviews are great, I've narrowed it down to 3 in my price range which is around $500-550.00. The Gold Bug Pro, The Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro, and the Notka Macro Gold Kruzer. At this point I'm leaning towards the Kruzer, does anybody have any advice?

Thanks Jack

Welcome to the forum. All I can say is skip the Gold Bug Pro as the Time Ranger is literally the same detector but with more features for a lower price. Defining feature between it and the Kruzer is the Kruzer is fully waterproof.

Welcome from East Texas.

For a while the Gold Kruzer was on the chopping block. As an owner of the Multi Kruzer the control box had some design flaws so mine wasn't so waterproof.

How does the Orx with eliptical hf coil compare to the Gold Bug Pro? It is in a similar price range.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:40 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Welcome to the forum. All I can say is skip the Gold Bug Pro as the Time Ranger is literally the same detector but with more features for a lower price. Defining feature between it and the Kruzer is the Kruzer is fully waterproof.

Thanks Steve,

Your comments have really helped my decision. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:48 PM, kac said:

For a while the Gold Kruzer was on the chopping block. As an owner of the Multi Kruzer the control box had some design flaws so mine wasn't so waterproof.

How does the Orx with eliptical hf coil compare to the Gold Bug Pro? It is in a similar price range.

Hey kac so are you saying the Kruzer isn't worth the money?

Welcome to the forum,alas i cannot help you with regards your mentioned detectors as i have never used any of them and also i dont do nugget shooting here in the UK,but i do coin and relic hunting though.....good luck with what ever option you choose.