Help With Whites Xlt

I have a very niceXLT detector, it has been in a hard case for about 3years. No batterys where left in it when i put it away. Took it out the other day and it all works fine, but the face don' t light up very well, i can't hardly see it. it is yellow looking. It still has the face plastic on it, could that got yellow, and if i take it off, can i get one for it? Do you think that could be what it is ? Thanks Dean

Centerville Electronics may very well have a NOS screen lens for it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

If i don't pull it, how would i know if that is what it is. Will the screen go dem buy it self. Do i need 1.5v AAs ? i use 1.2 rechargables will that make a deffarnce?

I think you'll see it. First comes the window sticker, then the display underneath.

SpectrumDFX2_cut.jpg.2ce8fe5ce6a05af9f2ccaa3752059674.jpg

windowsticker.jpg.9d90c5f977baff35d405905d09a38fd0.jpg

I've never seen a screen cover "go bad." However, the display might. It's not clear when you say "the face don't light up very well" whether you mean the backlight isn't working well or the display itself is faded. But both can happen. Also, indoors it can be hard to read without the backlight. So first, I would take it outside or make sure the backlight is on. Next, I would pop off the pod faceplate (it snaps on) and look at the screen without the screen cover.

• Like 2

You were right Geotech, Took it out side today and can see much better, My eyes are not as good as used to be. I am glad i didn't take the cover off. Thanks for all the help from everyone. This is like new, i got a good deal on it when i got it, now i need to learn how to use it. I think they are good detectors. Will the Eagel 11 Sl coils work on this? i think they are bouth 6.9 K. Hope so .  dean

• The title was changed to Help With Whites Xlt