Axiom Initial Thoughts And Hunt Updated

• The title was changed to Axiom Initial Thoughts And Hunt Updated

Nice nugget! Congratulations on the nice find.

• Like 1

The next ones will come easier, at least it did for me.  Keep it up.

• Like 1

Nice find! Especially for your first nugget. Congrats!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:13 PM, CarsonChris said:

I went out for two days in the NV desert to use my new Axiom. I played with the setting for the first day trying to figure out the machine and what it was telling me.  By the end of the day I was running a negative threshold. 
Day two I spent the morning in an area that looked promising. Tons of quartz and thermally altered schist with veins of quartz mixed in.  This area was absolutely silent except for a 22 bullet down about six inches. 
I decided to give Rye Patch district a go on the way home.  The Axiom ran so quiet in the morning I thought I was way off on what I was doing. At Rye Patch I started picking up minuscule bits or iron. I was also finding tiny fragments of bullets. I met a fellow detectorist while I was there. He was using the 6000, a 4500 I think, and a goldmonster. Preferring the 4500 over the 6000 which he said was giving to much feedback with the underlying clays being so wet. 
Since I was finding so many little fragments and bits I knew the machine was working as it should. When I found a target I would scrape the top 1-2" and check to see if it moved. Most of the little bits were surface. A few troublesome pieces of wire were 4" down. 
It was getting late and I was still working on the skunk. I was headed back to the truck and got a nice hi low sound that gave a similar result when I turned on it. I scratched off two inches and it sounded better. Went to 4" and it sounded better. At 4" I was hitting some rocks. I pried the first one out and poked the nose of the coil in the hole. The sound was so good. I pried the second rock out and stuck the coil in the hole. Nothing. Checked the rock and it's a fantastic signal. I scraped the clay off the rock and ran that glob over the coil. I had it. My first nugget ever! 

Update of first impression. 

The Axiom battery seems like it will run forever.  It dropped 1 bar day one and 1 bar day two.  I did re-charge it overnight. 

The arm cuff felt tight the first night I tried it but it flexed into a good fit. 

The Zlink headphones will drop out if not positioned properly. 

IMG_6011.jpeg.9b7f58bfc82c543d44f4ebe2f129bf2f.jpeg

The settings I settled were 7 and -7.  Very little ground noise. 

IMG_6005.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

Nicd going Chris,always makes you feel better when the new unit does what its supposed to as opposed to frustrating ya

• Like 1