MX Sport Crash Test

tboykin

Tom

Going back over on what you said I have a very loud PP tone on shallow targets but that's just the opposite of what you said.

Question; Is the sensitivity setting in direct relation to the PP tone level ? The high point of the PP..

I did have the VCO on but I may turn it off. You can't learn how to skin a cat until you skin a few.haha Joking

Chuck 

Chuck- shallower targets should be very loud on PP with a ZIP like a GMT if you have VCO on. Ratcheting up the sensitivity is necessary on deep targets, and I bet you anything THAT IS THE FIX for you. I should have mentioned that first!

When I swing over a deep target (shown by the coil icon with depth bars) I switch to PP immediately. If the signal is weak I bump up the SENS to max. This drastically changes the machine's response on deep targets.

The reason this decision was made is if the PP mode is hard-wired to an arbitrary value, it will either overload on very shallow targets or not bang out on deep targets. So that is left to the user. Weak signals require a bump in power to PP.

I would suggest leaving your settings where they are except for the SENS. Try bumping it up in PP on deep targets, I bet you that fixes the problem.

Tom

Just on a air test with a high sen. and then PP may be the fix. I'll know more later this afternoon and I will get back with you on this matter.

Thanks

Chuck.