Do You Dig Signals With No ID And No 2d Trace?

I hunt by sound. If it even remotely sounds good, I dig it. I am hunting mostly on the sandy beaches, so digging is no problem. Dirt hunting is another story with more selective digging.

If I get a faint signal with no TID or trace, I'll change settings to try and get a better signal.  Usually I'll start by increasing sensitivity, then adjusting recovery speed and switch between modes.  And if that isn't helping I'll dig some dirt and check if the signal gets better or worse.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen this behaviour when air testing for the first time some targets.

Bad weather outside, being inside home, forced to keep no more than 7 as sensitivity level, in beach LC and prospecting audio mode...

No matter the items, an amazing faint treshold wisper was giving a clear chance to listen for a target by a third more of distance before an ID and a proper trace showed up.

It happened with a silver 0.37g ring so thin to be hard to believe.

With the 8x5" coil this means like almost 12" without ID but clear treshold variation.

I repeat, 7 sensitivity on M8 coil and prospecting audio mode.

Soon realised that wasn't the ideal setup for me in saltwater...But on the wet and dry sand, keep an ear on those "pre signals"....

• Like 1