Field Test Opportunity -- Rcdigs Mount For Ws-6

Hi all!

I wanted to see if there were any folks using the XP shaft, with WS-6 "puck," who might be interested in field testing a new design from RCDigs.  It's a mounting system for the WS-6, that is designed to bypass the XP mount system, just like the RCDigs mount for the Deus remote does -- i.e. by eliminating the XP mount system entirely.  The idea is, of course, that by eliminating the XP mount system (which of course is prone to accidental dislodges of the puck when the puck is bumped), it eliminates any concern of losing the puck due to an accidental dislodge of the puck from the XP mount.  Solving this "accidental dislodging" issue is of course the focus of the RCDigs mounting system, and the guy who produces the RCDigs mounts for the Deus remote, has gotten a number of requests for an "RCDigs-style" mounting system for the WS-6, as well.

SO -- the design is now in "prototype" stage, and ready for testing.  So, if anyone has interested in checking one of these out, and providing feedback, I'll get you set up to test one.  There are three more testers needed, so if there are three folks interested, that would be great.

Thanks!

Steve

Flatsix, you are welcome!  Thank you for the kind words.

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Please send me an email (steve@stevesdetectorrods.com), with your contact info/address, and I'll get it passed along to the guy who makes them, and he'll get in touch with you, to get one sent your way.

Thank you!

Steve

I have the RCDigs remote mount for Steve’s shaft and they did a great job with it.  Good luck with the test.

On 3/31/2024 at 8:37 AM, MFF18B said:

I have the RCDigs remote mount for Steve’s shaft and they did a great job with it.  Good luck with the test.

Thank you very much!  Glad you are pleased!

On 3/30/2024 at 7:12 PM, steveg said:

Flatsix, you are welcome!  Thank you for the kind words.

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Please send me an email (steve@stevesdetectorrods.com), with your contact info/address, and I'll get it passed along to the guy who makes them, and he'll get in touch with you, to get one sent your way.

Thank you!

Steve

Flatsix, I haven't heard back from you; if you are still interested, please let me know...

Steve

Flatsix, got it!  Thanks!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Was disappointed mine broke and unfixable. I’m thinking it fell from a shelf while in a backpack and must’ve hit the mount directly. I did like it but I’m going back to the 3-D lockable mount and getting a phone case armband.