Triple Pair

I got back to the site for a couple of hours after work Friday.  I took the Legend with the LG15/6inch coil to work into the root tangles & depressions that the 11 inch coil on the Versa had to graze over.       I did dig another "pair" of Wheat Cents, 1920 & no date, 1 foot apart from each other.

Also 2 singles of Silver. On a pad of dirt sitting on top of the brush & timber that had been pushed in to fill the swim pool a first year, 1916 Mercury Dime in very nice detail. No D mint mark. I have had no prior luck hunting what has been pushed into the pools, you can hardly walk on it without your foot going thru and digging in it is impossible. That was a lucky find if there ever was one.  No telling how many good targets & nice coins were pushed into that tangled tomb.   The second single Silver was on the skinned off walking path. I must have just flat missed it the day before. A very worn 1901 Barber Half Dollar.  That makes 4 halves from this site. I will go back this evening. Got to get some chores done & tend the garden a little.

1901 1916ob.jpg

1901 1916rv.jpg

Continued working the scraped areas Saturday afternoon. No more Halves but another pair of Wheat Cents. The coin finds are still trending older. 1894 & 1904 IHP, 1899 & 1904 Liberty Head/V Nickels and a well worn 1889 Liberty Seated Dime and a nice condition 1900 O Barber Dime.

That is the third Seated dime from this site. I'm also very pleased with the IHPs & V Nickels as I don't dig them that often in decent condition as these are. I'm just about to the point I will have to wait for the rest of the scraped areas to dry out to where I can walk without sinking and the hole not immediately fill with water.

1889 & 1900O ob.jpg

1889 & 1900 0 rv.jpg

More great finds!  The 1900-O dime is not common, particularly in higher grades (F-12 and above).  I hesitate to give my opinion of the grade as photos typically don't show enough detail, but you can try your hand here.

JCR,

Great hunts and really nice finds.  Thank you for sharing.

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

More great finds!  The 1900-O dime is not common, particularly in higher grades (F-12 and above).  I hesitate to give my opinion of the grade as photos typically don't show enough detail, but you can try your hand here.

It’s about G-4.