The Fighting And Gunfire Was So Intense....

At the Battle of Murfreesboro (Tennessee) or Stones River as the Union called, there was an area known as McFaddens Ford. The small arms fire became so intense that several collided bullets have been recovered including my onw example. It was another murderous blunder by Confederate General Braxton Bragg, sending many southern men to their death. I recommend reading part of the battle which took place from December 31, 1862-January 2, 1863. 

Relic 2 collided bullets June 2004.jpg

That is an incredible find.

Nice!!!!!!!!long ago a french metal detecting magazine published an article about a guy in Canada who manage to locate the site of a serious skirmish .There was 2 cool pick of 2 musket balls 1 had the print of uniform material(probably broke the bone/s) and the other hit the flint of a opponent rifle (ouch my eye)......i had a pile of ww1 french propaganda newspaper(Le Mirroir if i am correct) and there also was a picture of 2 bullets who collided.

As i often say if the energy and money was spend more positively we will live in a better world

RR

After that find you should have bought a lottery ticket, because you had a better chance to win than to find something like that. The odds of 2 bullets hitting each other during a battle far out numbers any chance to win the lottery.

Great find and good luck on your next outing.