Minelab Bungee Clamp Too Loose

Hi guys I’m trying out the bungee today as hip stuck just arrived. I am having issues as the bungee wire can’t be clamped the wire very well. every time I put weight on the wire will start moving. The clamp appears very loose. Am I doing it wrong or? 

Thanks 

Ethan 

IMG_4046.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

Need to just pull the bungy up firmly so it looks into the groove like in your first image. Should be very hard to move then. 

On 4/18/2024 at 12:56 PM, Ethan in Adelaide said:

I am having issues as the bungee wire can’t be clamped the wire very well. every time I put weight on the wire will start moving. The clamp appears very loose. Am I doing it wrong or? 

Why do you call it a wire? It is a cord. As Nenad has said, you need to lock the bungee cord into the grove. You pull down on the cord to achieve the right height of your detector off the ground & then while holding the weight on the cord horizontally pull the cord away from your body & up & it will lock into that wedge shaped groove & you are good to go.

D4G

On 4/21/2024 at 7:02 AM, dig4gold said:

Why do you call it a wire? It is a cord. As Nenad has said, you need to lock the bungee cord into the grove. You pull down on the cord to achieve the right height of your detector off the ground & then while holding the weight on the cord horizontally pull the cord away from your body & up & it will lock into that wedge shaped groove & you are good to go.

D4G

yes I did it right now. Thanks. 

I called it wire bc of english not first language. lol

The side of the clip has the groove, is the adjustment side.  In other words make sure that the plain side of the clip that has NO groove is the side you attach to the rod of your detector.  The side of the clip that has the groove is the side where the bungee should not be attached to anything.  This is the end of the bungee that you pull up into the groove to lock the adjustment in.

This is precisely why I designed the QWIPPLE clip with adjustments on both sides.

May I suggest that you take the loop that you attach to the rod of your detector, on the side of the clip with no groove and put a piece of colored tape on the bungee down by the loop.  So you always grab the right end to attach to the rod of your detector.  Then use the other end to pull up into the clip groove.

Doc

Minelabclip.thumb.jpg.756c5d193b70aa2f918729c60a0b71c2.jpg