New Pulse Induction Detectors From Nokta

On 4/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Progress, but lets not get too optimistic on the timeline. The last time we went through a Nokta naming contest, the Legend showed up 3 years later.  

Contest started September 2018

Name picked September 2020

Detector Announced Summer 2021

Detector Released December 2021

Perhaps they learned not to draw this out as much this time....

Agreed!----This "name" choosing gig & teaser video crap is getting old!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s best not to sit around waiting on something to hatch because it’s never going to get here when you think it should and who knows you may not like it when it does.

Like Chase said it was three years after the naming before Legend got here.

Legend is something of pass history and after three years it almost was . 
 It’s shown to be another great detector put out bye Nokta Makro and I’m sure the two PI’s won’t be disappointing either.

Just keep on doing what your doing and one day it will be that day you’ve been looking for and I hope it makes all our dreams come true in what we think they should be.

Night Night!

Chuck 

• 2 weeks later...

Nokta fan here.  The company, in my assessment and mostly opinion, unfortunately, is not serious about entering the PI Gold prospecting market.  Not in the USA anyways.  I hate to burst your bubbles.  I wish they would. Competition leads to innovation.  Old school executive leadership kills it.

Why would they ask people to name a detector that not one single consumer knows ANYTHING about?  How do you name a product before you know what it is?  "Pick a name.  It's either sold at a car dealership or adult shop.  That's all well tell you." It's insulting. It's because, in my opinion only, they don't have a product yet and want to feel out the market.  Their marketing team looks to be severely lacking in talent familiar with social media. What else do we have to go on?  Even Gerry M. (What up!) couldn't get one single person to even say they've seen a 2000 in person.  The dude is a legend and I doubt he asked that before asking Nokta.  No, marketing in general, it seems.  

Or, I hope I'm the worst gypsie fortune teller and they just made a balanced 3lb PI that with a 24hr running control box pumping think creamy pulses, coating every single conductive crumb from surface to grave depth with eddy currents with a 8-18" coil that will find gold smaller than the Fisher gold bug 2 and deeper than the GPZ7000 or modded GPX5000 with a 32" coiltek.  And they are over in Turkey with an entire football team hoisting their week-long unwashed gonads high in the air, waiting to smack everyone in the face.

Nokta.  Impress us all, make me eat crow.  I will request A-1 sauce.  Not that B-2 euro junk.  Send those gonads.  The hype has gone on for a while.  I'll be their first customer if I could.  And if it's the s*** like we know they CAN create, IF they tried, I'll buy a dozen more and make sure every client at least tries one side by side with their machine.  And if I get knocked out with a plethora of wet sweaty bean bags, I'll still win.  Show me the tech.  Every company.  That's what it comes down to.  Ergonomics is tech.  Battery life is tech.  UI/UX is tech.  Price, is tech.  Not just detection.

Nikko

Sorry I’ve run out of crow I ate that up myself. I do have some road kill left. 
 I was hoping being we had a short time for the naming contest the heavens would open up and Nokta would fall out with their new PI’s in hand.

I’ll say it again It’s more important to get here than worry about a name. Yet I can understand it’s better to be right the first time because you won’t get a second chance.

We not sure what tomorrow brings about 10am and we found out a PI has been in the USA for a while.

I still say if Nokta has a PI at all we’ve got a tester with lockjaw here in the USA.

Chuck