Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

Strick,  She'll thank you too.  Let me know when you are ready. My 1st shipment was sent to me today.  They are already spoken for.

Now I know when you do get an EQ-800, you'll also have to get that lovely lady something special too.

• Like 2

My wife supports any purchasing decisions I make, whether it's a new motorcycle, or a new detector.  We both work hard, we live and enjoy life. The funny thing is, she would say: "you should get that geiger".  Shes calls metal detecting "geigering" and usually laughs when she says it.:laugh:

The reason I like the 800 is because of it's all around capabilities.  The ultimate detector to me is one that can do it all. Do it all well, and break down into a size that's easily carried in a backpack.  I want a detector I can take on a Sunday ride and not have to worry where I end up, or the conditions I might face.  Freedom is what I'm looking for in a "geiger", and that's what the Equinox 800 offers.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jeff in Pa said:

I want one just to see how in the ____ this new technology can make the Deus obsolete? That was a very very bold statement that Minelab made. I can't wait to see what the overall final consensus is.

Minelab is walking back from using the “O” word with its new adverts.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Minelab is walking back from using the “O” word with its new adverts.

Yeah I seen that, thing is.. they already said it. As they say "the damage is already done" it's a little late to back pedal on a comment like that.

I just hope this detector lives up to all the hype.

If it doesn't WOW us all, I bet things turn real ugly across the global detecting world.

38 minutes ago, Jeff in Pa said:

Yeah I seen that, thing is.. they already said it. As they say "the damage is already done" it's a little late to back pedal on a comment like that.

I just hope this detector lives up to all the hype.

If it doesn't WOW us all, I bet things turn real ugly across the global detecting world.

Fortunately,  I think Steve H. has shook the Equinox tree enough in preproduction testing to put those fears pretty much to rest.  But we’ll all soon find out.

• Like 1

Well Gerry, I ordered one because you would never steer me in the wrong direction.

• Like 1