What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

39 minutes ago, Jeff in Pa said:

I want one just to see how in the ____ this new technology can make the Deus obsolete? That was a very very bold statement that Minelab made. I can't wait to see what the overall final consensus is.

Minelab is walking back from using the “O” word with its new adverts.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Minelab is walking back from using the “O” word with its new adverts.

Yeah I seen that, thing is.. they already said it. As they say "the damage is already done" it's a little late to back pedal on a comment like that.

I just hope this detector lives up to all the hype.

If it doesn't WOW us all, I bet things turn real ugly across the global detecting world.

38 minutes ago, Jeff in Pa said:

Yeah I seen that, thing is.. they already said it. As they say "the damage is already done" it's a little late to back pedal on a comment like that.

I just hope this detector lives up to all the hype.

If it doesn't WOW us all, I bet things turn real ugly across the global detecting world.

Fortunately,  I think Steve H. has shook the Equinox tree enough in preproduction testing to put those fears pretty much to rest.  But we’ll all soon find out.

Well Gerry, I ordered one because you would never steer me in the wrong direction.

I was looking to upgrade from my Garrett Ace 400.  I was hot on a Deus until my local dealer told me to check out the Equinox from ML and see if that would be a better suited unit for my detecting needs.  He emphasized he would gladly get me a Deus if I was still wanting one but encouraged me to do more "digging" into the new technology.  I am glad he offered that advice.  I am patiently waiting for the arrival of my Equinox 800.  My Garrett Ace 400 has found over 85 coins in my yard so far including 5 silvers, but I have lots of trashy iron and while I have pulled a lot out, there is still more there.  I also have several spots to hunt that are the same soils and I want to discriminate much better before I go dig those areas.  In all the videos I have watched, I see lots and lots of junk dug up that gave high signals that should have been quality targets.  It can get pretty frustrating digging outstanding signals only to unearth a hunk of iron.  Even with Iron Audio on the Garrett Ace 400, you still dig lots of iron.  From what I have seen on the limited videos and from Steve H's great information posts and pictures, the Equinox 800 fits my detecting hobby to a Tee!.  So, Happy Hunting everybody and Gerry I am a little jealous that you are getting your Equinox 800 so quickly, just kidding.  BTW, I have subscribed to your YouTube channel and really appreciate your videos.  Can't wait to see your new Equinox videos.  Mark

My SE Pro died (it got wet a couple of years ago) last summer and I was told it would take $500 to fix it.  I really like that SE Pro but I can't justify putting that into a fix.

This has more bang for the buck.

If I really want an SE Pro then I think there will be a few for sale after the Equinox is out a bit.

Mitchel

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

My SE Pro died (it got wet a couple of years ago) last summer and I was told it would take $500 to fix it.  I really like that SE Pro but I can't justify putting that into a fix.

This has more bang for the buck.

If I really want an SE Pro then I think there will be a few for sale after the Equinox is out a bit.

Mitchel

Dont just bin the machine . Sell every last bit of it you can .

I'm keeping it for now.  If I had an SE Pro board it would be ok.  I don't trash things just because they don't work.  haha

Selling the stems , coil arm cup and any other bits can get money for your next machine . Unless you decide to get it fixed . But they are a bit pricey to fix. Worries me every time i am on the beach with mine.