Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

My New Treasure Talk Blog - Equinox 600 Vs 800

5 hours ago, Toddbbq said:

beach 2 is the way to go for wet sand and recovery 2 works very well, did not try all metal mode as the presets were very good. beach 1 is for dry sand and I notched out up to 5 as there was soo many foil targets. One thing I learned was YOU WILL DIG rusty bottle caps.

3-1-2018.PNG

That's what i would call a complete hunt, you got everything. I was doing some air testing today and an 18k gold earring came in solid at 3. have you done any air testing to see where the targets are hitting at? I get the issue with foil though and with easter coming up the beaches are due for a foil dusting. 

• Like 2

I decided to order an additional equinox 600 to go along with the 800 that I should be getting soon too( only now not obsessing about it as I'll have the 600 to keep me busy).   In the beginning I struggled with should I get a 600? Or should I get an 800?, but went with the 800 so I would have the maximum range of settings available- not because I thought the 600 was appreciably less capable a detector than the 800. Other than If I take a trip not much opportunity for gold prospecting in NE Pennsylvania/ N New Jersey. And much of the time I prefer  simplicity of settings which is why I had a safari and not an etrak. 

So it will be good to have the 600 as a backup and have it ready with an alternate coil already on. 

After reading steve's excellent 600-800 comparison I don't know why more people aren't going for the 600 given the fact that they aren't so hard to come by now. I know at least one dealer that will have some today. ( it's treasure mountain Steve I hope I didn't break forum rules naming them) 

So I'm thinking of using the aptx headphones on the 600 , and a wired pair connected to the wm 08 module on the equinox 800. 

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

So I'm thinking of using the aptx headphones on the 600 , and a wired pair connected to the wm 08 module on the equinox 800. 

You can use either headphone solution on either machine so you don't have to tie either headphone setup to a specific machine, unless of course, if you are using both at the same time with a lucky hunting partner.

i put some Bose earphones on the WM08 and only got sound in my left ear.

I kinda like the freedom of the earphones cause they were out of the way, 

i have some cheap bluetooth ones coming from Banggood that i will use try to eliminate the WM08 if possible. I got a lot of clipped audio using it. and if i can eliminate one more piece of equipment that needs to be charged I will be that much happier.

Edit- i guess that is not a good reason because i will have to charge the dang earphne themselves ....grrrr..

15 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep if you eliminate the wire something powered has to take its place.  For WM08 need a stereo to mono adapter if you are plugging stereo phones into it.

At least i would get rid of the WM08 as another piece of equipment.... I really dont get it yet-- why is it needed if the detector puts out wireless bluetooth already?

Obviously I havent read the literature well enough yet to understand why that piece is necessary...

If i use BT earphones then i will have to glue long orange pieces of fishing line to them so i dont lose them....lolol and maybe i could glue them to the WM08 for an anchor---Oh wait a minute---thats what i have now--earphones coneected to the WM08...(over thinker)