Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

On 8/31/2018 at 5:25 PM, Bob(AK) said:

Very good Steve, I remember the party line. Also started with a 3” dredge bought from your store around ‘79 or ‘80, was on an inner tube.

This post brought back memories. It was probably around the same time frame, maybe a bit earlier in 1978. I bought my first dredge, a Keene 2 1/2" on an inner tube from Steve's store.

Wanna hear something crazy? I still have that dredge and it is not because it was little used, I have used it to death and everything is still original, with the exception of the inner tube.

I have used it as a dredge and also made temporary conversions to be used as a high banker. The old engine still runs strong.

• Like 4

Great Story...I think you still need to write that book.. Digital stuff seems to get lost over time. The book will always be there. :smile:

strick 

• Thanks 1

Steve,

Thanks for your story.  It is well told.  I have just a few years on you having been born in 53 but the wildness was definitely still in your areas up there.  We still had a little bit of wild in North Florida at that time.

My dad spent time as a pilot in Alaska in the 50s.  Most of it was in or associated with the Navy but all of it was cargo flying.  I never did determine much of his Alaska adventures or make it there until 1986 on the Kenai for salmon.  He and my mom met out in the Pacific after the battle of Midway in the 40s.

I'll be waiting for the installments as they come in.  Do you write them offline and then copy and paste them to your forum?

Mitchel

• Like 1