• Announcements

• Steve Herschbach

Archives Closed - New Forums   10/16/2017

The old archive system has been closed and the threads moved to new forums. See the full forum listing here. Detailed explanation here.

Follow the ghost trails!!!!

be careful going in there those roads can change quickly if there has been any water running

Good luck out there Mitch. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Take care

JW :smile:

• Sad 1

Good luck Mitchel!

I will be making the nine hour drive from SoCal in a couple of weeks. Show me a few nuggets for inspiration.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:26 AM, vanursepaul said:

Follow the ghost trails!!!!

be careful going in there those roads can change quickly if there has been any water running

Don't you remember I saw you flying to the Fox one time and you were going 3x too fast for the road.

Two days and two big crystals to show for it.  Not my idea of a good time so far.  I've got half day tomorrow and Sunday ...

• Like 2

That's the reference for my earlier post ::biggrin:

When you let me go past you said i was l gone when you came over a  hill I was like a ghost.

PS that was the fastest I made that trip to the Fox:tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Two days and two big crystals to show for it.  Not my idea of a good time so far.  I've got half day tomorrow and Sunday ...

Best bet in my opion for large stuff would be spending the entire time out in Sawtooth, sleep out there in your truck. When I was there in July (I spent a month out every day all over the place), my detecting partner pulled a 1.3 ouncer out and NUMEROUS others, I found a few as well... lots of non hit ground out there around the corner from the old house.....

It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend and a drive from southern cali to Rye Patch has already put you deep into the negative into a place where you have to find big / numerous gold just to get to zero...

Come to AZ, even if you find the same amount you're finding in Dry Patch, at least it cost you a lot less and you didn't freeze your dingly bits off at night.

Jen

• Like 2

Ha ha freezing ones dingly bits is right up there with finding no gold .:laugh:

On 10/14/2017 at 7:07 PM, Jennifer said:

and you didn't freeze your dingly (dangly) bits off at night.

Jen

LOL :laugh: Depends who you got to cuddle up to at night. :smile: WOW a 1.3 ouncer. Nice.  You got a photo to share with us Jen?

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

LOL :laugh: Depends who you got to cuddle up to at night. :smile: WOW a 1.3 ouncer. Nice.  You got a photo to share with us Jen?

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Well considering he's no longer detecting there, and his info isn't in the picture, I doubt he'd mind.

Jen

IMG_2401.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1