It’s not a gold detector so all the frequencies should be in the lower end and not be any need for higher frequency. If we had our way and was able to pick the frequency that would up the cost of the Vanquish. 

The only thing I know is it’s still red and with a 8 sided face . It’s like mine if I hang around long enough you start liking it . I believe the Vanquish will be the same with you .

The Vanquish may just fill the bill for us old guys that don’t like putting a strain on the brain. Keep it simple!

Chuck 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It’s not a gold detector so all the frequencies should be in the lower end and not be any need for higher frequency. If we had our way and was able to pick the frequency that would up the cost of the Vanquish. 

That's not how Multi IQ works, you still need a higher frequency profile for jewelry and mid-conductive relics, so I suspect those modes emulate the Equinox Park 2 and Field 2 modes.  Multi IQ Frequency is irrelevant, frankly.  What is a key missing ingredient, though is being able to go to single frequency and that advantage is key and could result in the ACE series or Simplex being superior to Vanquish under certain circumstances.  Lack of basic pinpointing on the 340 and other limitations almost makes it even less relevant than the GO FIND for entry level detecting.  Wish they had just dumped the 340 and focused on squeezing a few more features into the 440 to make it more competitive with Simplex while keeping the price at $279, namely wireless and IP67 waterproof.  No excuse for not doing that these days if for no other reason than you don't want to trash your detector if shallow water hunting by simply dropping the thing in the drink and having a water immediately enter the control housing.  Not good.

Comparing the V440 to the Ace 400, Vanquish appears to be the winner based on specs.

Comparing the 440 to the Simplex, Nokta/Makro edges it despite Multi IQ on the 440, too many other compromises, IMO.

Inability to switch off IRON BIAS completely is not a good thing.

Chase 

You know more than I’ll ever know about detectors and that’s okay with me .

The trouble is what you call high and what I do is different. That don’t make either one of us right are wrong.

I always look forward to your post because I believe you want to help anyone like me that’s not up on all this electronics now days .

Thanks again!

Chuck 

21 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase 

You know more than I’ll ever know about detectors and that’s okay with me .

The trouble is what you call high and what I do is different. That don’t make either one of us right are wrong.

I always look forward to your post because I believe you want to help anyone like me that’s not up on all this electronics now days .

Thanks again!

Chuck 

No worries, Chuck.  The feeling is mutual.  I like your freewheeling style of posting.  If I didn't, I wouldn't be responding to your posts .  Was just pointing out that the Vanquish does need to do high frequencies even if it isn't a gold detector, because they are advertising it can find gold rings too.  Multi IQ has the ability to do that because it uses a range of two or more frequencies (ML doesn't specify) from low to high (ostensibly anywhere between 5 to 40 khz if Equinox is any indication), simultaneously.  But ML has not seen fit to give us the secret formula on what frequencies they DO use and how they combine them (to keep the competition guessing).  So unless the Vanquish is set up to use individual frequencies (which it appears to not be able to do), ML is likely not going to post any frequencies for the machine.  So what is considered high frequency as far as Vanquish Multi IQ is concerned will likely remain a mystery, for now.  HTH.

Chase

I didn’t think what the Nox had to offer wasn’t high due that others run 50 60 70 and top off at 80 KHz .

You correct me anytime I’m wrong. Like I tell my wife I have been wrong but just can’t remember when.haha

Chuck 

35 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase

I didn’t think what the Nox had to offer wasn’t high due that others run 50 60 70 and top off at 80 KHz .

You correct me anytime I’m wrong. Like I tell my wife I have been wrong but just can’t remember when.haha

Chuck 

Chuck, you are likely correct that the Equinox is likely not THAT high in frequency but ML doesn't publish the Multi IQ specs.  It does top out at 40 khz for single frequency, but no one is complaining that it can't find plenty of gold nuggets.  You really reach diminishing returns above 50 khz regarding your ability to penetrate the ground.  The NOX is plenty sensitive to tiny targets without having to crank up the frequency above 40 and in Multi IQ.

• Like 1

I seen this video ( https://youtu.be/iiMgph1s6Fk ) , and intresting moments at 18:40 -  "vanquish based on Equinox Beach program" 

Hopped-up Go-Find. LOL

23 minutes ago, PUHH said:

I seen this video ( https://youtu.be/iiMgph1s6Fk ) , and intresting moments at 18:40 -  "vanquish based on Equinox Beach program" 

Wish he would go into a little more detail on the video.  It is still very rudimentary from a beach detector perspective.  I think the fact that it does not have a mode called "Beach" is going to confuse a lot of people.