Could someone who has one of these please tell me how long the bungee is?

I’m wanting to find a bungee in the states that has enough length to attach it to the lower shaft of the GPZ 7000.  I’ve seen that this is how some of the ozzies are holding up the 19” coil and would like to try this.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Doc
      It's a made up name which is a mash up of the words Quick, Bungee and Double (double adjustment point).  It describes another innovative product from Doc that makes detecting more enjoyable and helps save your arm, shoulder neck and back from undue stress.  Just add your own backpack or Hydration pack.

This amazing Bungee Support System provides absolutely instantaneous adjustment so your detector is always at the proper height off the ground, even when you are in mid-swing.

We use super strong Marine Grade bungee that is stronger than 3/8ths inch bungee that is commonly used for tie-downs.

• By phrunt
      Right, I'm struggling, I've not found a way I'm comfortable with having my SP01 and WM12 on my harness, in fact I struggle with the harness so much I've barely worn it since getting my GPZ.
      I've spent an hour or two tonight fiddling around tying to get a setup I can live with, I'm yet to find a good solution.  Ive made up a mixture of sizes of mono 1/4" patch lead to go between the WM12 and SP01 to try it in various locations,  some with right angle plugs others with straight plugs just trying to work out decent way to have everything all on there... my SP01, the WM12 and the speaker.  I gave up on my dual speaker setup as that was even more cords everywhere and made up a single speaker.  I've left the dual speaker setup on my GPX harness.
      Maybe I'm just fussy but I really dislike all the crap hanging off me everywhere getting in the way.  I've barely used my SP01 since getting the GPZ even though I really like it a lot due to this cords/setup problem.  I can't have anything low on the harness at belt level as the coil picks it up, especially the SP01 with it's alloy housing.  It all needs to be up high.  It makes it even more difficult the WM12 needs to be on my swing arm side or it drops out too much.
      At the moment when I use my GPZ I've just gone harness free with the WM12 hooked over my T-shirt collar, obviously no bungee.  I primarily use small coils like the 8" or 10" so I've found this manageable although I want to start using my 17x12".
      Is there a good way to deal with this or is everyone just putting up with it?
      This is my current rig.

Is there better locations to mount things?
      I might just be fussy but I'd rather not use the SP01 than use this setup.  I wish Minelab just had a damn speaker in the GPZ then I wouldn't even use the WM12, I struggle with it's drop outs if anything gets between it and the detector.
    • By phrunt
      I'm all for making life easier, and I was on the prowl for a place to buy a swing arm for my GPX that wouldn't cost more for shipping than the arm itself and stumbled across this

From this shop in OZ
      https://prospectorspick.com.au/store/#!/EASY-ARM™-for-GPX-Series/p/130090965
      EASY ARM™ is another product developed by Sweet Spot™ for the use on hand held implements to make the job easier.
      This can do away with the use of a harness allowing you to spend more time detecting by reducing fatigue.
      The EASY ARM™ is attached by simply sliding into the end of the upper shaft near armrest.
      It looks alright except I'd feel a bit like a Cyborg using it and with the amount I put the detector down to dig I'd be worried it would be annoying to take off and put on all the time.
      I don't want to get old and be too screwed up to detect from years of bad detecting practice.

• By billdean
      I have been searching this site as well as others for one simple question and can't seem to find the answer. Will this harness fit fat guys. I mean I am 5'11 and 275 pounds. Will the hip straps adjust enough for us bigger guys? I would like to buy one as my arm has been taken a beating.
    • By DDancer
      Its a silly question but I am curious to know how many use a bungee or other support system while out bush or even in a park?

I use just a standard harness and bungee pretty exclusively as it reduces wear and tear on my person   The advent of the Zed kinda makes it imperative to me now.   I gain extra control of my coil, regardless of the machine, and I don't have to worry about dropping it to take a break~ or that someone will try to grab and run with it. 
      Silly question but I'm curious to ask.
    • By fredmason
      I tried a couple of methods to balance and hang the detector from my harness and hipstick. These pics show clearly how I did it. Attaching the bottom of Doc's bungy on the right and then bringing the top connector through a d-ring on the left does a few things. This attachment helps eleviate some of the twist that the detector wants to do, it keeps the bungy in line for maximum lift and control, you can turn the detector loose and it won't fall to the ground and it makes swinging the detector very easy on worn-out wrists and elbows. Also, it keeps the bungy up and away from my fairly large hands...comfort and convenience thanks to the Hip-stick, Doc's Bungy and a little modification by me...
      fred