Making My Own Hipstick

Here in Europe it is difficult to get a making my own hipstick so I have gotten to work and I am making my own.  The oscillating piece that you see in the video is a tap diffuser, I have glued it to an aluminum bar and at the end where it will go on the harness I have adapted a rope carabiner that I had saved and had never been used .  I only need to secure the belt, which I already more or less have the idea of how to do.  I hope it works.  At the moment I have spent about 5 euros😁

IMG20231202193402.jpg

IMG20231202193401.jpg

IMG20231202193359.jpg

IMG20231202193357.jpg

IMG20231202191352.jpg

IMG20231202191229.jpg

• Like 4

I like innovative things and people doing stuff for themselves even if it is out of necessity, I've used those Chinese tap diffusers on taps before 🙂  You should have used a fiberglass tent pole or some carbon fiber pipe for the pole on it to keep away from being metal, especially if using a PI with it.  The concept you've got going on is right, just I'd use different components to do it.  The top part of it you've done will work perfectly.

Surely you can use Amazon in your country and just buy the real part you need, from there as you've seen it's simple.

Werner AC58-TL Ac58 Ladder Tool Lasso with Belt Clip, Blue - Ladder Accessories - Amazon.com

Here is a UK Store with it

Werner Tool Lasso | Toolstation

Werner that makes it is a big ladder manufacturer, they're basically worldwide, you should be able to find it locally if you find a local store that sells Werner ladders.

werner.jpg.94cc4ba811f3c923d9d6710f301c7148.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I like innovative things and people doing stuff for themselves even if it is out of necessity, I've used those Chinese tap diffusers on taps before 🙂  You should have used a fiberglass tent pole or some carbon fiber pipe for the pole on it to keep away from being metal, especially if using a PI with it.  The concept you've got going on is right, just I'd use different components to do it.  The top part of it you've done will work perfectly.

Surely you can use Amazon in your country and just buy the real part you need, from there as you've seen it's simple.

Werner AC58-TL Ac58 Ladder Tool Lasso with Belt Clip, Blue - Ladder Accessories - Amazon.com

Here is a UK Store with it

Werner Tool Lasso | Toolstation

Werner that makes it is a big ladder manufacturer, they're basically worldwide, you should be able to find it locally if you find a local store that sells Werner ladders.

werner.jpg.94cc4ba811f3c923d9d6710f301c7148.jpg

Thank you very much, Simón, look at the ribbon.  I have used the aluminum bar because that is what I had at the moment and as you have told me it can be a problem.  If it works, it's made of carbon fiber.  It's mainly for use on the gpx and the detech coil coil, I love that coil but it's damn heavy

• Like 2

finishing and with a coat of paint and lacquer.  We just need to test it in the field.  Waiting for a carbon fiber bar to arrive to improve it

IMG20231208163920.jpg

IMG20231208163935.jpg

IMG20231208164511.jpg

• Like 5

Today I received some carbon fiber rods to change it for the aluminum one and I ordered some plastic balls with the idea of using it with the Werner Tool Lasso, but I couldn't find it

IMG20231213202341.jpg

IMG20231213202402.jpg

IMG20231213202707.jpg

• Like 2

The carbon rod looks awesome, is it too expensive to order the Werner tool from UK?  You could try all the usual places like Ebay I guess, hopefully you can find one.

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The carbon rod looks awesome, is it too expensive to order the Werner tool from UK?  You could try all the usual places like Ebay I guess, hopefully you can find one.

Simon, I've been looking on eBay and I only get two sellers who ship to Spain and both are from the United States.  It would cost me about 30 euros with one seller and about 50 euros with the other seller, that with shipping costs included and I would have to add the customs duty costs, which I estimate would be about 15 euros more.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Luis said:

Simon, I've been looking on eBay and I only get two sellers who ship to Spain and both are from the United States.  It would cost me about 30 euros with one seller and about 50 euros with the other seller, that with shipping costs included and I would have to add the customs duty costs, which I estimate would be about 15 euros more.

Try Amazon, dont know if they will ship to Spain or not but it gives you another option none the Less

search Bigg Lugg brand same identical part

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FCD1KO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Try Amazon, dont know if they will ship to Spain or not but it gives you another option none the Less

search Bigg Lugg brand same identical part

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FCD1KO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Here is another place looks like they are in Australia or somewhere on the other side of the big pond

https://www.tradetools.com/bigg-lugg-bungee-ball-and-belt-clip-for-all-tools-bigglugg2

Here is a place in UK with it, only cheap too £9.00

Bigg Lugg 2 Belt Clip Tool Holder With 3 Ball Bungees | TS Plastering

You would think if it's in the UK somewhere in Spain may have it.

• Like 1