Just Picked Up The New Legend Lg24 Elliptical Coil

You will be pleasantly surprised 😉 I have hunted a few times with it and my current opinion is that it's more accurate but has less depth, especially in fields with high grass (for hay). 

To do a honest comparison, I'm going to use the LG28 again next weekend on the same type of field. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 2

I doubt the LG24 will have that much less depth than the stock coil.

Plus, compared to the stock coil, it's a heck of a lot lighter, far superior for unmasking and separating, and less prone to EMI and ground noise which allows it to be run at a higher sensitivity than the stock coil.

• Like 3

Mine, (&LG30) should be here for the weekend. I've got a list made of sites to revisit.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HerrUU said:

You will be pleasantly surprised 😉 I have hunted a few times with it and my current opinion is that it's more accurate but has less depth, especially in fields with high grass (for hay). 

To do a honest comparison, I'm going to use the LG28 again next weekend on the same type of field. I'll keep you posted.

HerrUU-----When you hunted with the LG24---was you in version/update 1.09 or 1.10 on the Legend?

1 hour ago, D&P-OR said:

HerrUU-----When you hunted with the LG24---was you in version/update 1.09 or 1.10 on the Legend?

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

There is a good video on You Tube kinda showing the separation capabilities of the LG24 no live digs though just a bench test type video Sid Perry

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 2:47 PM, Digalicious said:

I doubt the LG24 will have that much less depth than the stock coil.

I have them both, there is some difference but not a great deal. The reason I want to use the LG28 is because of the tall grass I hunt in (some 10 inches long). There's no way that you get your coil closer than 5 inches to the ground so I'm wondering if the LG28 will not be able to go deeper? But I have some similar ground next to my garden and maybe I can go and do a test there with both coils. See if the 24 misses anything that the 28 finds