How to Make the Garrett ATX Perform Closer to the Minelab SDC 2300 on Smaller Gold Nuggets?

I'm loving the performance on small gold below .3 gram of the new SDC 2300. So doing a bit of testing vs the ATX I got the ATX performing a bit closer to the SDC2300 performance on this small gold. Tested in the video is a .25 gram nugget. The dirt in the video will stick to my magnet on my digging pick. Check out the video to see what I did...

Bonus video... How to use the Minelab SDC 2300 as a meat slicer:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Smithsgold
      Finding Placer Gold with a Metal Detector and a Breaker Bar 
      Armed with a Breaker Bar and a Minelab SDC 2300, a White's Gold Master V-Sat Jeff and Gary ( Two Toe's ) head back to the Gravel Bar to finish up the search for Placer Gold Nuggets !!!!!
      Jeff brings the Big Breaker Bar and it boulder moving time on the creek while Gary searchs the high and Low bench for those elusive Nuggets.
      See what the guys find with there Metal detectors while working the Bedrock crevices both High and low !!!!!
      SG 037 Thanks for watching

• By Smithsgold
      Moving Boulders to find Placer Gold 
      Moving Boulders to reach Bedrock Crevices to locate those Placer Gold Nuggets that are hiding just out of sight.
      Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) use a Come-along and a Breaker bar to move the boulders then check the bedrock crevices with a Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector.
      A Come-Along is a hand operated winch used to pull objects in this case Boulders !!
      SG 036

• By Steve Herschbach
      Well, coffee and tools in hand I got going with the fun part - taking stuff apart! Many photos in this thread will enlarge if you click on them.

You can probably see where I am going with this. Circuit board in a box with single AA battery holder and control panel tacked outside with controls. All in one box that can be rod mounted or hip or chest mounted. If rod mounted, I want to be able to use stock DD coil, or Infinium 5" x 10" DD and 4" x 7" DD. Not willing to pop for another ATX 8" mono at this time as the one I have stays as it is to use with the other ATX I will be getting. We will see how this works out first.
      In theory I would like to do a real professional box with drop in battery, just like a White's TDI SL but the box would have to be longer. I may however go cruder than that, more like a Surf PI with a lid I need to open to replace batteries. Be nice to use rechargeables and rig to just plug detector in to charge it but again, I may not want to work that hard at it. Paul would do a bang up professional job. I am all about expediency myself.
      If anybody want to see a closeup of anything or has any questions about how this thing comes apart ask away. I know I had to go buy yet another stupid tool to remove the Torx security screws!
    • By Dmnz
      Hi guys - I owned one of the first ATX units (actually 2 of them) and suffered from the coil cable issues.   Despite that, these machines produced 100+ gold rings for me (in the space of 1 year).
      Garrett was awesome and replaced the coils but they failed again (and again) and eventually I sold the machines and focused on the CTX and EXCALs (modded) and later the Equinox.  After selling the ATX I purchased the Whites BeachHunter TDI and to be honest, was less than impressed compared to my finds with the ATX of the past.  I deeply missed the two-tone audio of the ATX and the 8” mono in the water.  It was a deep machine (the TDI) but I had become used to the ATX.
      I noticed my finds ‘dropping off’ once the ATX was sold - and there was no ‘replacement’ PI that was readily available......
      So last week I came across a late 2018 ATX and picked that up for a very good price - shipping now!
      i will update you guys with regard the cable issue - I guess I am hoping the cable is in good nick and may be the later version?  
      I missed the ATX - despite its known flaws.  Roll on the courier!  The forums are certainly quiet on the ATX nowadays 

• By And
      Hello detector-prospector friends,
      I had the honor to interview the finder-family of the legendary "Ambrosha-Nugget", found 1983 in Sierra County, California.
      Enjoy!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 User Manual
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      GPX 6000 INTRODUCTION
      GPX 6000 Learn #1: What's In The Box - Unboxing of the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector. 
      GPX 6000 Learn #2: How To Set Up Your Detector - Learn how to set up the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #2.1: How To Charge the Battery - Learn how to charge the battery on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3: How To Get Started Quickly - Learn how to get started quickly with the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3.1: How to Adjust Volume & Backlight - Learn how to adjust the volume and backlight on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #4: How To Connect the Bluetooth Headphones - Learn how to connect the ML100 wireless headphones to the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5: Intelligent Automatic Operation - Learn how to reduce unwanted interference when the GPX 6000 is configured for intelligent automatic operation.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5.1: Automatic Sensitivity - Learn about Automatic Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #6: Coils - Learn about the three coil options for the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #7: Double-D EMI Noise Cancel - Learn how to perform a Double-D EMI Noise Cancel on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #8: Advanced Ground Balance - Learn about advanced Ground Balance on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #9: Using Manual Sensitivity - Learn how to adjust Manual Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #10: Turning the Threshold Tone On / Off - Learn how to turn the Threshold Tone on and off on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      Source: https://www.minelab.com/usa/LearnGPX6000