Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

What Is Going On Minelab ??

Guest calabash digger

8 hours ago, 2Valen said:

To learn my 800 I have only used the speakers because the headphones that came with it causes to much sweat build up in my ears

Hi 2Valen, 

I find the Minelab headphones pretty comfy but yes, they can get sweaty and I also don't like the fact that you can't hear any surrounding sounds.  

These headphones plugged in to your WM08 work great, don't actually sit in your ears so aren't sweaty and can allow you to hear what is going on around you.   Any other earbud type things should just plug into your WM08 too.  

image.thumb.png.7d4c4917e51842ed0596945fc0a42bb7.png

https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/SHQ1400CL_00/actionfit-sports-headphones

Sorry about the ridiculously large image   ?‍♂️

Cheers, NE. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2Valen said:

To learn my 800 I have only used the speakers because the headphones that came with it causes to much sweat build up in my ears. I don't like all that moisture and it is distracting to me.

Once I learn more about what I am doing then I will find earphones that don't make my ears sweat so much.

Hope their warranty takes care of the problem.

Sounds like a personal issue. Try some anti-antiperspirant in your ears. Sarcasm!

I recently dunked mine in a lake by accident where I was hunting Second Seminole War artifacts and it has been OK. Having said that, I've played it safe and considered both my CTX and EQX as "water proof" where rain and accidental dunking are concerned only. At my age, I don't have any desire to hunt in deeper water so if the EQX can stand the rain on our Florida beaches and an occasional wave splash I'm OK...but that's just me.

Going cheap on gaskets was the issue with the CTX initially. I would have hoped they had learned their lesson. It seems that the EQX is suffering similar issues. huh.gif

My Excals, at least in the past, have passed the waterproof test...but that has been several years ago.

Bottom line: I don't intend to take my EQXs under water. However, if Minelab advertises the CTX and EQX as waterproof at 10 ft then it should be just that...period. Make it truly waterproof or don't advertise it as such.  There should not be so many problems like we’ve seen due to design issues.   just the view from my foxhole.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

There should not be so many problems like we’ve seen due to design issues.   just the view from my foxhole.

In the case of Equinox not sure it can be concluded if the issue is design or manufacturing.  Based on the nature of the failures reported (immediate failure upon submergence if some but not all units), it appears to be related more to manufacturing quality issues vs. design.  But can’t say definitively at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

In the case of Equinox not sure it can be concluded if the issue is design or manufacturing.  Based on the nature of the failures reported (immediate failure upon submergence if some but not all units), it appears to be related more to manufacturing quality issues vs. design.  But can’t say definitively at this point.

Good point!

• Like 1

Lacky, Northeast, and fredmason,

Thanks for the information on the earbuds as I will have to try them out and get used to them.

• Like 2

JohnnySalami1957,

I could not get Speed Stick in the ear, but my ear lobes smell fresh all day now.

• Haha 4