Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

How To Get A 7" X 10" Coil For Your Equinox

I may have to have a friend x-ray my stock coil and check out the pin out of the connector.

That way I can make something close to what you are talking about.

The connectors I can get through one of my suppliers and I have made several coils in the past.

I will let you know what I can get done in the near future on this.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It all boils down to, if Nokta/Makro or Russians in garages can pop out coils like candy, why can’t the world leader in detector technology?

Since everything boils down to profits, coils must not be a money maker for Minelab. That’s all I can come up with.

Still doesn't add up.  Eastern Europeans not only make good coils, they sell them cheaper than the manufacturers.  Labor costs?  Well, Minelab already builds at least some of their detectors (e.g. Equinox) in Southeast Asia.

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

As a consumer it sucks, as a business model it's exceptional.

Only as long as we rats submissively follow the Pied Piper.

• Like 1

DD 7x10 would be the best compromise, it would further balance and not lose the comparison with the 11 ".

I really hope Minelab will listen to us and understand.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Still doesn't add up.  Eastern Europeans not only make good coils, they sell them cheaper than the manufacturers.  Labor costs?  Well, Minelab already builds at least some of their detectors (e.g. Equinox) in Southeast Asia.

Only as long as we rats submissively follow the Pied Piper.

I’m not saying you can’t make money selling coils, just not enough for Minelab to care about doing it. Holding higher margins on machines is more important to them then picking up pennies selling coils.

But I could be wrong of course, it’s all just speculation. :smile:

I don't think,  they have an internal interface card, I don't think we can replicate.