Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Jp’s Audio Visual Gold Thread

On 3/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, DigsAlot said:

JP you mention channel flip a lot, I have to admit I am not sure what you mean. Perhaps you could explain and put a few files with and without so other like me can train our ears.

Missed this one sorry......

Channel flipping is when a target is hitting the High/Low and Low/High response all at the same time. The GPZ does it a lot especially on solid small nuggets at depth. The audio can have a slight amount of it present in certain ground types, usually saturable ground or salty ground (quite often its a combination of the two). Channel flipping is also called a “confused signal” when it happens on a target. There are varying degrees of channel flipping, it can happen in one direction of the swing only, it can happen when the coil is held further away, one channel can be more dominant that another and can even swap about as the coil is moved in relation to the target.

JP

• Like 3

Thankyou JP for sharing your knowledge and the large amount of time you have put into videos, clear explanations.

With a zed with 14 & 19 i have been chasing bigger deeper nuggies  in extra deep. I have recently slowed my swing speed down to incredibly Very very slow when gold is around and i seem to be able to get signals i miss with a slow swing speed. Not sure if i am imagining it

How slow is too slow for optimal signal response for deeper targets??? Is there a general guide for faster to slower swing speed relative to settings/ gold depth?

cheers RDD

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RedDirtDigger said:

With a zed with 14 & 19 i have been chasing bigger deeper nuggies  in extra deep. I have recently slowed my swing speed down to incredibly Very very slow when gold is around and i seem to be able to get signals i miss with a slow swing speed. Not sure if i am imagining it

Do these signals result in nuggets?

I'd say you'd be teaching us all a thing or two finding signals that deep.  Well done.

Having seen Chet work some areas in the past he uses your slow swing but maybe not your settings and he finds deep nuggets.

Aye I concur Extra Deeps no slouch, manual GB & pump to GB, the Z is a remarkable productive machine, look outside the square.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 1:42 AM, RedDirtDigger said:

Thankyou JP for sharing your knowledge and the large amount of time you have put into videos, clear explanations.

How slow is too slow for optimal signal response for deeper targets??? Is there a general guide for faster to slower swing speed relative to settings/ gold depth?

cheers RDD

Hi RDD, Are you using Normal or Difficult? Extra deep samples much later than the other two Gold Modes so in Difficult there is a fairly large reduction in signal on fast time constant targets, this is gathered back somewhat in the Normal Ground Type mode. Also it would help if I knew how your setting up your GPZ settings wise and the method of listening to the audio.

JP