Simplex Software Update - Update

Got my machine updated first day the update came out. First hour with it, I was disappointed because it felt like I was learning the sounds of it again for the first time. Also a slight bit more interference with the pin pointer. The biggest issue is a low pitch humming noise when the backlight comes on. It quickly stops when the backlight turns off though.

After using it for a few hours though, I love the update. And I think in getting used to the new tones and the backlight sound

I contacted Nokta Monday morning (local time) and attached a video of the problem I had during the update.  In the meantime, I was able to resolve the problem.  Nokta have replied and recommend I do a hard reset by holding down the power button for “10 to 15 seconds”.  Although I had already overcome the problem in a different way and, the detector is operating without any issues, I thought posting Nokta’s reply may be of value to any other users who may experience problems and consider a hard reset may be the solution. 

I actually had tried this method but didn’t hold the button down near anywhere long enough.