Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

AQ Owners, How Stable Is Your Machine In Salt Water?

11 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

AQ - no ears!!!!

950B3E8B-B8B2-438E-8AF5-A3D686FADAFC.jpeg

No Ears Here Either! LOL

equinox coil ears.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Easy repair and fix

i think it’s is 3M black 5700

black abs 1/8 to 1/4  2*6 strips take and trace each ear that you always save
take two short 2 inch angle iron five inch scrap heat abs strips Keep heat moving do not go over 360 degree F  put between angle iron making ABS into L brackets use big welder gloves or large leather barbecue mitts

use Dremel and safety glasses to Shape and measure ...if done correctly and take your time and stay sober you can make a repair that is better and stronger than anything that ever left a factory.....literally the boat can turn to dust but 5700 will last until the Sun explodes or in hot fury fire....

true you can buy another but you will never have one stronger ...

maybe this may save some ones vacation or once in a life time trip into remote location....5700if you never want to take apart....lower number 5300? Not easy but can be removed .....

ps always glue original back on add brackets to out side get longer plastic bolt coat outside of original ear and bottom and side toward ear ....if you use plastic gloves and wet like caulking it can look factory it is up to the craftsman 

HappyTrails

jimpugh

• Like 3

Thanks Jim! This break was under warranty so off to the factory it went and in came the new one.

I like the fix you describe. It will be SO helpful in the future. Thanks Again! Bob K  

• Like 1

I agree okara,

Keep sending them back for warranty replacement, till ML finally redesigns the coil ears! Same with the pod problems!! I've had both!!

Same for the AQ, or any other detector! No matter the machine, the company is only as good as their Service Dept!! That's what we all remember, when it comes time to buy again!!??

22 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I agree okara,

Keep sending them back for warranty replacement, till ML finally redesigns the coil ears! Same with the pod problems!! I've had both!!

Same for the AQ, or any other detector! No matter the machine, the company is only as good as their service dept!! That's what we all remember, when it comes time to buy again!!??

So true! One thing I failed to ask ML... Is a NEW 3 year warranty now in place with the new coil and also had a new pod about 1 month ago? It's like a brand new machine again.

• Like 1

Good question okara,

I didn't ask either, but i doubt it! Else our machines probably would never go out of warranty at this rate!!??  ??

• Like 1